Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
Wow! I imagine this scene set in the penal colony of Australia, when this country was at the beginning of the 19th century a place where prisoners were sent. A punishment for a girl who has not behaved well!
As Harsh Martinet says, redsonja, there is such a series from a few years back.

British Penal Colony - Van Diemen's Land, Australia 1810
Lucy Channing, a young convict recently arrived from UK, has made the mistake of resisting the sexual advances of a depraved senior officer in the British Army forces in charge of law and order in the colony. By way of retribution, he arranges to have her falsely accused of theft and assault. Lucy is sentenced to a barbaric public flogging administered in a highly irregular manner, specially devised by the sadistic officer to realise and satisfy his most perverted fantasies.

lucy penal 4a.jpg

Lucy Channing, a young convict recently arrived from UK, has made the mistake of resisting the sexual advances of a depraved senior officer in the British Army forces in charge of law and order in the colony. By way of retribution, he arranges to have her falsely accused of theft and assault. Lucy is sentenced to a barbaric public flogging administered in a highly irregular manner, specially devised by the sadistic officer to realise and satisfy his most perverted fantasies.

View attachment 1122257
Cool. Especially the lustful watching woman (why not more women?) in the background. And why is the victim not totally naked?

View attachment 1122257

there used to be a tourist attraction north of Sydney called Old Sydney Town. It still exists as a rather odd ruin, but no longer operates as a theme park.
oldsydneytown2.jpg

Anyway, I went there a few times and they used to do simulated floggings, male and female convicts. The men were stripped to the waist but the women were not, obviously, family friendly venue and all that, even though contemporary illustrations suggest it was very likely that women would have been too.
23504_1__TN300R.jpgenglish-punishment-with-an-ordinary-knout-franais-supplice-du-knout-ordinaire-english-a-print-...jpg

But I remember the banter between the actors. One of the soldiers enquired whether the woman should be stripped to the waist the officer said no he didn't want to see her ugly body or words to that effect, and the woman said you didn't say that last night! A bit racy, but you could get away with that in 1970s Australia.

On a completely different topic, here's an illustration of a traditional Chinese punishment (I wonder where they found the blond, perhaps a missionary?)
dcuvf1c-b2784a28-a2c0-4610-a600-b63a8220ec9f.jpg

I had a go at a similar picture myself 20 years ago, based on a genuine vintage postcard
ph096.jpg

View attachment 1122257
Where can this older Williej masterworks be found ? They are excellent !

Back
Top Bottom