Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
With the cat no doubt!

New series on Art Untamed.
New France, 1762. A young woman is convicted by a British military court, of spying for the French and sentenced to a public flogging of sixty lashe
New series on Art Untamed.
New France, 1762. A young woman is convicted by a British military court, of spying for the French and sentenced to a public flogging of sixty lashes.
View attachment 1115183
Only 60 lashes the military court is showing a little mercy on her has a male solder would get 100 lashes just for passing out on parade, but having said that the instrument of punishment would have to be the cat and well laid on. still a great scene:ARMS1:

Well, I have been ruminating about the choice of instrument. I agree the cat would be appropriate in this context. However, since the intention is to whip the poor girl's breasts, I was thinking that all 60 with the cat would be implausible? Therefore was moving towards the strap followed by, say, 20 with cat. What do you think?

Well, I have been ruminating about the choice of instrument. I agree the cat would be appropriate in this context. However, since the intention is to whip the poor girl's breasts, I was thinking that all 60 with the cat would be implausible? Therefore was moving towards the strap followed by, say, 20 with cat. What do you think?
Sounds good. The Lochgelly Tawse has a lot going for it too!
:spank:

Well, I have been ruminating about the choice of instrument. I agree the cat would be appropriate in this context. However, since the intention is to whip the poor girl's breasts, I was thinking that all 60 with the cat would be implausible? Therefore was moving towards the strap followed by, say, 20 with cat. What do you think
great stuff 20 with and finisher off with a strap a tawse looks good

I've just posted a lengthy (and bloody) judicial flogging scene over in the Mainstream thread, which will also be of interest here. https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threa...-scenes-in-mainstream-movies.7420/post-664678
From the Spanish telenovela "Aguila Roja", S08E11:

Thanks for the heads-up, @doe1971. I have checked the whipping scene in S08E11, not expecting much from your description. To my surprise, I found it is long and really quite explicit. It's a judicialy flogging at a whipping post, on naked skin and ending with a very (!) bloody back. Indeed, it's a rare instance of a mainstream production not shying away from the aftermath of a flogging.

The source I found is in Spanish with Russian sub-titles, and as I speak neither of these languages I am a bit vague on the plot. As far as I can tell, the (typically ludicrous) background story is that a middle-aged attendant/lady in waiting/confidante of Lucrecia (the Marquesa de Santillana, alternating between being the victim and the perpetrator of appaling violence throughout the series), dressed very demurely and severely in a high-neck black dress, attends to Lucretia during her bath. Lucrecia had lost sight in one eye a couple of series earlier and had been sporting an eye patch ever since. During the bath, a servant gets some water into the injured eye, which (for some reason) miraculously recovers her eyesight. Lucrecia is ecstatic, jumps out of the batch in the nude and embraces the attendant, who impulsively kisses Lucrecia fully on the mouth. That very second, Lucrecia's husband (the local sheriff) walks in the door and sees the kiss. The attendant is arrested and sentenced to be flogged for immoral and un-Christian conduct (not sure of the dialogue here, but at one point Lucrecia seems to refer to 200 -- "dos cientos" -- lashes).

Cut to judicial flogging in a courtyard. The convicted lady-in-waiting is no longer in her prim dress but in a coarse shift with open and bedraggled hair. She is led through the crowd who abuse her and pelt her with vegetables. She is then tied to the whipping post, the shift pulled away to expose her shoulders and most of her back, and then flogged until she collapses in a bloody heap at the base of the post. In a subsequent scene set the following day, she is dragged into Lucrecia's chambers by armed guards, being barely able to walk. Lucrecia makes the guards show her the bloody and scarred back, then there is a short exchange which I didn't understand during which the convicted lady-in-waiting gives out a distressed wail, then Lucrecia gives her a key and she is dragged away from the chambers, not sure to what fate.

I have made a clip of the scene -- I have included the post-flogging scene in Lucrecia's chambers, and originally also wanted to include the Lesbian kiss and arrest scene, but it made the file too large for upload. I have however included a screenshot from the arrest scene to show her in her original formal black dress and severe hairstyle.

View attachment 1116208
View attachment 1116198View attachment 1116199View attachment 1116200View attachment 1116201View attachment 1116202View attachment 1116203View attachment 1116204View attachment 1116205View attachment 1116206

I like the scene because it concerns a (relatively) high status middle-aged woman with not exactly plain but certainly not glamorous looks. Also because it leaves no doubt that this is a severe and brutal penalty with consequences for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom