Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Here's some old school audio equipment I bet nobody else is listening to tonight. I am playing some cassettes I made some 25-28 years ago on TDK and Maxell tapes. They still sound great, like the day I recorded them. The cassette deck I have is the Sony TCKA3Es. It is built like a tank, and has been used since 1995. It is hard to top analog:)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some old school audio equipment I bet nobody else is listening to tonight. I am playing some cassettes I made some 25-28 years ago on TDK and Maxell tapes. They still sound great, like the day I recorded them. The cassette deck I have is the Sony TCKA3Es. It is built like a tank, and has been used since 1995. It is hard to top analog:)
View attachment 160973

Great Honda boot2!

I was sent directly to the Jurassic Period music.

I do not think you are old enough to know cassettes, especially the famous TDK and Maxell.

Nice stereo system.

Top-Cat

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas song "Dancing In The Street" turned 50 this year. Let's hear it for my favorite Motown female group... Martha Reeves and the Vandellas....

Jacksjg89

I have several, Brazilian and other parts of the world.

I have several video clips.

I have several movies

I do not know, post anything in the forum.

Top-Cat
Upload your music or film clip to youtube or similar. Copy the URL. When you click on Reply click on the Media icon which is the 6th from the right on the bar at the top of the box then paste the URL then tick where it says Embed.

HondoBoot2

That you're a fan of the vinyl record, what do you think of this needle model?

View attachment 161599

Top-Cat
Great post Top-Cat!
I do not know how this type of needle will sound, but it sure looks great :) I do know that ladies like records, and maybe this is how she likes to display her love of vinyl.

Last edited:
View attachment 160973
When I was in college, that system would have made you THE MAN.
Today:
cassette.jpg

Upload your music or film clip to youtube or similar. Copy the URL. When you click on Reply click on the Media icon which is the 6th from the right on the bar at the top of the box then paste the URL then tick where it says Embed.

Thank you very much Melissa

Now I need to make time to try this

Top-Cat

Listening to some Grand Funk Railroad tonight. Why these guys are not in the Rock Hall of Fame is a mystery to me.

Listening to some Grand Funk Railroad tonight. Why these guys are not in the Rock Hall of Fame is a mystery to me.
When Todd Rundgren produced their "American Band" album he said he did it be because they were an amazingly popular band that had never put out a well produced record (I cleaned that up a bit). They were a popular band for local bands to cover because it wasn't that hard to sound as good their albums...

...I never saw them live but am told they put on a great concert....

Tree

For those members who are into vinyl, love the Doors, and have some coin to spend, you need to check out the Doors reissues from Analogue Productions. The albums are double 45 RPM and pressed on 200 gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings.
They are the best sounding Doors albums I have ever heard, just outstanding, no surface noise, just rich music. They were limited editions, and have been out for awhile, but I think you can still find them on Amazon or eBay. They will run you about 60 bucks an album, or find the box set for about 500. Now go hunt them down.

For those members who are into vinyl, love the Doors, and have some coin to spend, you need to check out the Doors reissues from Analogue Productions. The albums are double 45 RPM and pressed on 200 gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings.
They are the best sounding Doors albums I have ever heard, just outstanding, no surface noise, just rich music. They were limited editions, and have been out for awhile, but I think you can still find them on Amazon or eBay. They will run you about 60 bucks an album, or find the box set for about 500. Now go hunt them down.

Valuable information, HondoBoot2!

Thanks for posting.

Top Cat

When I was in college, that system would have made you THE MAN.
Today:
View attachment 161779
cassette-jpg.161779

for our younger members who may not know the connection, sometimes the tape player would 'eat' the tape. After carefully extracting the cassette and the tape from the player the cassette could often be saved by putting the pencil in one of the cassette's drive sprockets and reeling in the loose tape...

tree

cassette-jpg.161779

for our younger members who may not know the connection, sometimes the tape player would 'eat' the tape. After carefully extracting the cassette and the tape from the player the cassette could often be saved by putting the pencil in one of the cassette's drive sprockets and reeling in the loose tape...

tree

1f9c3b74d84ea6cac62dc4756936ab37.jpeg You mean people really listened to these things?

Back
Top Bottom