My drawings

Go to CruxDreams.com
I actually like the term "grotesque". My drawings are not caricatures but perhaps grotesque and certainly extreme yes. If with my marked and imprecise strokes I can communicate emotions then my goal is achieved. I'm not looking for realism, I'm looking for emotion, surprise...

I actually like the term "grotesque". My drawings are not caricatures but perhaps grotesque and certainly extreme yes. If with my marked and imprecise strokes I can communicate emotions then my goal is achieved. I'm not looking for realism, I'm looking for emotion, surprise...
"Since at least the 18th century (in French and German as well as English), grotesque has come to be used as a general adjective for the strange, mysterious, magnificent, fantastic, hideous, ugly, incongruous, unpleasant, or disgusting, and thus is often used to describe weird shapes and distorted forms such as Halloween masks. In art, performance, and literature, however, grotesque may also refer to something that simultaneously invokes in an audience a feeling of uncomfortable bizarreness as well as sympathetic pity."
Sounds right.

I think all the persons in this forum should have to submit a drawing . The persons who place in the bottom 10 should be flown to a location and crucified ……. Lol
Well, I don't think that would quite work. You'd get an awful lot of crude stick figures as our most masochistic members attempted to secure their slots on our hill of bad artists. Perhaps let the top five artists choose three people to crucify as a reward for their fine art? And multiple artists choosing you means multiple crucifixions!

You are accomplishing that goal quite well. Thank you for sharing.

That makes sense …. I was Actually thinking the same thing after I submitted
Actually, it would be a fantastic idea for the forum! But in our case, the reward for art would be... more art. Each artist rewarded with a crucifixion as depicted by... well someone.... probably not me, I am slow to create art :(

Back
Top Bottom