Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
This might work as a selling point for second language courses in school. All this "you might get a better job" stuff is pretty dry.
"Learn French and get Laid" might have had a strong impact on my language choice in High School;). Instead I studied Latin which never got me any ass:( (until Eulalia came around [not yet - still hoping:rolleyes:])

"Learn French and get Laid" might have had a strong impact on my language choice in High School;). Instead I studied Latin which never got me any ass:( (until Eulalia came around [not yet - still hoping:rolleyes:])
I think this is another case of "how you use it". I have a friend who learned Latin in school and uses it to impress the girls.

Language turn ons in sex are interesting, and sometimes quite funny. My favourite example is the language fetish in "A Fish Called Wanda" where Otto tears open Wanda's shirt and says: "Oh, le due cupole grande della cathedrale di Milano".

I think this is another case of "how you use it". I have a friend who learned Latin in school and uses it to impress the girls.

Language turn ons in sex are interesting, and sometimes quite funny. My favourite example is the language fetish in "A Fish Called Wanda" where Otto tears open Wanda's shirt and says: "Oh, le due cupole grande della cathedrale di Milano".
The whole Italian and smelling armpits is hilarious!

What's Latin for 'ass' anyway? :confused:

Good luck with Eulalia. All my Latin ever got out of her was :span1:

:(

Four guys are playing a round of Golf. They come to the green on the 4th hole and one guy is about to putt when a funeral procession passes on the road by the links. The man stops lining up, stands upright, takes off his cap and holds it over his heart. The others, a little puzzled, follow his lead. After the procession passes, he puts his cap back on and proceeds to line up and sink his 25 foot putt. As they are walking off the green, one of the guys said, "Gee, that was real respect you showed that funeral!" The man replies, "It's the least I could do. I was married to her for 43 years."

Well, the guy does seem to have a job. And Toys-R-Us went bust, so the inventory is cheap while it lasts.
And Mothercare's struggling. But all the trades mentioned in that song actually existed in the Potteries - a saggar was a kind of tray to hold pots in the kiln, the saggar-maker's bottom-knocker was an apprentice who had the job of flattening out the bases. Throwers, dippers, fettlers, spongers, slip-house men ... not sure about 'Sally's mother was a putter-upper' :D

I'm intrigued as to whether this ditty, said in a broad Yorkshire accent, will make members smile or frown in puzzlement.

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!"

I'm intrigued as to whether this ditty, said in a broad Yorkshire accent, will make members smile or frown in puzzlement.

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!"
frown in puzzlement
:)

Back
Top Bottom