Other Forms Of Execution

Go to CruxDreams.com
Execution by quartering in an old japanese movie. Several possible titles: Shogun Sadism, Oxen Split Torturing, Joy of Torture #2...

Attachments

• oxen1.jpg
    oxen1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 820
  • oxen2.jpg
    oxen2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 864
  • oxen1001.jpg
    oxen1001.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 863
  • oxen1002.jpg
    oxen1002.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 870
  • oxen1003.jpg
    oxen1003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 883
  • oxen1004.jpg
    oxen1004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 888
  • oxenspl1.jpg
    oxenspl1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 929
08%2BThose%2BAbout%2Bto%2BDie%2B1958.jpg
The ancient romans do it similar...

A lot of work just to kill a woman. And what's with the flower-covered crotch. Those flowers are going to be ruined when they tear her apart!!!

Yeah and a lot of work goes into a movie too.

ENTERTAINMENT of the mob is an old and extremely complicated art. Any idiot can run someone thru with a sword.

The slow building of anticipation in the crowd of the final moment, her scream reaching a crescendo as she is torn apart, the bellowing of the oxen as the struggle to rip her apart under the lash of their drivers, the beauty of the girl and the flowers against the horror of the moment..........

It's obvious you have a desk job .... probably in middle management ....... no imagination necessary!

kisses

willowfall

Yeah and a lot of work goes into a movie too.

ENTERTAINMENT of the mob is an old and extremely complicated art. Any idiot can run someone thru with a sword.

The slow building of anticipation in the crowd of the final moment, her scream reaching a crescendo as she is torn apart, the bellowing of the oxen as the struggle to rip her apart under the lash of their drivers, the beauty of the girl and the flowers against the horror of the moment..........

It's obvious you have a desk job .... probably in middle management ....... no imagination necessary!

kisses

willowfall
Well, I'm retired for almost half the time I worked!!! Never made middle management... perhaps I was TOO smart!!!

A lot of work just to kill a woman. And what's with the flower-covered crotch. Those flowers are going to be ruined when they tear her apart!!!
I have always wondered about this: in representations of quartering, the condemned is always represented tied to horses or bulls by hands and feet. But for me it is obvious that wrists, elbows, ankles and knees are weaker joints than shoulders and hips. So how can anyone thinks that it is possible to tear off limbs in one go like that? Mystery, mystery...

I have always wondered about this: in representations of quartering, the condemned is always represented tied to horses or bulls by hands and feet. But for me it is obvious that wrists, elbows, ankles and knees are weaker joints than shoulders and hips. So how can anyone thinks that it is possible to tear off limbs in one go like that? Mystery, mystery...
Sometimes things don't have to make sense. It's a bit like watching a Dario Argento film - the plot may well be all over the place but it looks and sounds great so you just go with it :)

There was an interesting study (using pig carcasses) about how rack worked on a victim and what they found out was that the the joints weren't torn apart by the rack but weak points in the bones went first. Also notice in sports you see shoulder dislocations much more frequently than say elbow dislocations.

Also the power in a horse (and more so oxen) is not in the sudden jerk it is in the slow steady pull. So the initial jerk would cause a dislocation but it is the stead application of force which tears things apart. Having had fairly big horses (up to 2,000 lbs) give me a sudden jerk at the end of the lead line I can attest that it is my shoulder, not elbow or wrist , which is sore the following morning.

I'm not sure that executioners using this method really cared WHERE the victim was torn apart, it was the slow steady application of force and the prolonged screaming and agony they were interested in.

Unlike modern societies the ancients obviously believed public brutal executions had a positive affect on anti-social behavior that threatened those in power.

kisses

willowfall

A few recent finds.

Three executions by Pichard (not sure from which of his books):

50C5132.jpg60739DF.jpg6877E40.jpg

Two executions by guillotine -- the first is by Guido Crepax, not sure about the second (but I love the artwork!). Subject is Charlotte Corday, who famously assasinated Marat in his bath.

Crepax execution.jpg67C01F2.jpg

This double beheading looks to be by Roger Benson -- I don't think I've seen this before, he's normally a relatively soft spanking artist (except for one hanging execution in jail in one of his series).

D2E0ED6.jpg

Finally, this one is a historical execution: the last use of the guillotine on a woman in France, Georgette Thomas in 1887.

BFE3EF6.jpg

There was an interesting study (using pig carcasses) about how rack worked on a victim and what they found out was that the the joints weren't torn apart by the rack but weak points in the bones went first. Also notice in sports you see shoulder dislocations much more frequently than say elbow dislocations.

Also the power in a horse (and more so oxen) is not in the sudden jerk it is in the slow steady pull. So the initial jerk would cause a dislocation but it is the stead application of force which tears things apart. Having had fairly big horses (up to 2,000 lbs) give me a sudden jerk at the end of the lead line I can attest that it is my shoulder, not elbow or wrist , which is sore the following morning.

I'm not sure that executioners using this method really cared WHERE the victim was torn apart, it was the slow steady application of force and the prolonged screaming and agony they were interested in.

Unlike modern societies the ancients obviously believed public brutal executions had a positive affect on anti-social behavior that threatened those in power.

kisses

willowfall
During the execution of Damiens, guilty of having given a blow to King Louis XV with a penknife (quartering for a blow with a penknife...!), it was reported by witnesses that the executioner Sanson had to cut the tendons of his shoulders and hips because they did not want to give way! Damiens was very muscular, but this shows that shoulders and hips are very strong.

Back
Top Bottom