Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
JULITTA OF IKONIUM TORTURED WITH IRON HOOKS

Julitta was a Christian widow who lived with her infant son Cyriacus in Anatolia, according to some sources in Ikonium (today: Konya, Turkey), to others in Tarsus. In 304 she was arrested because of her faith. Her child was killed before her eyes (the judge threw him upon the floor), and she was cruelly tortured in various ways and in the end beheaded.

View attachment 1480864 View attachment 1480865
The Emperor sat in his special box in the Roman arena waited on by two voluptuous slave girls. He gazed lustfully at the naked brunette Christian girl strung up for torture. One of the henchmen smiled as he raked her naked back. “Don’t forget her tits,” commanded the Emperor. The man bowed toward the Emperor and drew the rake across her nipples. Cheers and laughter erupt among the spectators and the Emperor nods his approval.

BEATA (BENEDICTA) OF SENS IS TIED TO A CROSS AND WHIPPED

This martyr's name is Beata or, in later sources, Benedicta. Little seems to be known about her. She lived and died for her faith in “ager Senonicus” in Gallia (today: region of Sens, France), where she is venerated until today. According to the tradition, she was tied to a cross, whipped and tortured in various ways till she died.

Gabriel Roman Arena 0667-1 AI-.jpg Benedicta mix whipped crux 85895689.jpg

SEVERA OF PYRGI SCOURGED TO DEATH

The first document that speaks of Severa is a manuscript from the Abbey of Farfa composed around the year 850 and narrates the capture, interrogation and martyrdom of the daughter of Maximus comes millenarius, a Christian.
The story takes place at the time of the persecution of Christians by the Emperor Diocletian around the year 298. The young Severa was a prisoner in Pyrgi together with her mother Secunda and her brothers Marcus and Calendius. Severa's mother Secunda died before being interrogated. Severa was interrogated by the prefect Flavianus who, during an intense and passionate interview, converted and was therefore beheaded at Centumcellæ on 29 January. A few months later, on 5 June, Severa and her brothers suffered a slow death: they were tied to poles and beaten with whips weighted with lead balls, until they expired.

Gabriel Roman Arena 0668-1 AI-.jpg Severa mix pole whipped 4834.jpg

SECUNDINA OF ANAGNI IS TIED UPSIDEDOWN AND TORTURED WITH HOOKS

Secundina was a virgin living in Anagni. She had become a Christian and was probably a pupil of the bishop and martyr St. Magnus. During the persecution of Emperor Decius around 257 she was arrested and kept in prison for five month. This, however, could not daunt her. She was then tortured and killed for her faith. According to some sources, the executioners tormented her with iron hooks and scourged her to death.

View attachment 1485915 View attachment 1485916
I find it fascinating that most of these female martyrs were, rather endearingly, virgins. I suspect that is because it's the Roman Catholic church that is somewhat obsessed with 1) female martyrs, and 2) virginity/sex, and turning that into religious devotion. ;)

BEATA (BENEDICTA) OF SENS IS TIED TO A CROSS AND WHIPPED

This martyr's name is Beata

View attachment 1489869
That's a beautiful image. Great work!

REBEL SLAVE CRUCIFIED AND TORMENTED WITH FIRE

View attachment 1492531
I love the way the girl's trying to lift her body to escape from the fire.
Now, most of her weight should be resting on her nailed feet, because her shoulders just couldn't resist for a long time holding her so up...
It's just a matter of (little) time her poor cunt gets in touch with the flames.
I could imagine her horrible screams echoing through all the circus when it happens at last.
How entertaining for the crowd and the torturer!

I love the way the girl's trying to lift her body to escape from the fire.
Now, most of her weight should be resting on her nailed feet, because her shoulders just couldn't resist for a long time holding her so up...
It's just a matter of (little) time her poor cunt gets in touch with the flames.
I could imagine her horrible screams echoing through all the circus when it happens at last.
How entertaining for the crowd and the torturer!

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 220
LIBERATA OF SIGUENZA CRUCIFIED

The martyr Liberata was born in the Roman era to a pagan king in Galicia or Lusitania (Portugal). She became a Christian and withdrew with her sisters from the court to the wilderness, where they led a simple and pious life, preached the gospel, and converted many people.
During one of the great persecutions, Liberata was arrested and executed for her faith in or near Sigüenza (Spain). According to one version of her hagiography she was decapitated, but the common belief is that she was crucified.

Gabriel Roman Arena 0671-1 AI-.jpg Liberata mix crucified 64646664.jpg

AGNES OF ROME PUBLICLY SCOURGED

Agnes is a virgin martyr, venerated as a saint. She is one of several virgin martyrs commemorated by name in the Canon of the Mass, and one of many Christians martyred during the reign of the Roman emperor Diocletian.
Agnes was born in 291 into Roman nobility, and raised as a Christian. She suffered martyrdom on 21 January 304 , aged 13 or 14. Her high-ranking suitors, slighted by her resolute devotion to religious purity, sought to persecute her for her beliefs. Her father urged her to deny God, but she refused, and she was dragged naked through the streets to a brothel, then tried and sentenced to death. She was eventually beheaded, after being savagely scourged and after failed attempts to burn her at the stake. A few days after her death, her foster-sister Emerentiana was found praying by her tomb, and was stoned to death.

Gabriel Roman Arena 0672-1 AI-.jpg Agnese scourged 4787549560909aMOD.png

LIBERATA OF SIGUENZA CRUCIFIED

The martyr Liberata was born in the Roman era to a pagan king in Galicia or Lusitania (Portugal). She became a Christian and withdrew with her sisters from the court to the wilderness, where they led a simple and pious life, preached the gospel, and converted many people.
During one of the great persecutions, Liberata was arrested and executed for her faith in or near Sigüenza (Spain). According to one version of her hagiography she was decapitated, but the common belief is that she was crucified.

View attachment 1492820 View attachment 1492822
I love how her feet are positioned in the first picture. I would want my feet like this, nailed to the sides or even behind me so I am a humiliating display as I dance.

Back
Top Bottom