Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Try this one...I remembered seeing it quite a few years ago in a book my older brother owned which started my interest in model building . Took me a bit to find it . Your post brought back some fond memories . View attachment 616448
WELL I could be wrong...but it looks similar to the Curtiss XP-55 Ascender... ??
OR...it could be the S.A.I. S.S.4....

Last edited:
Try this one...I remembered seeing it quite a few years ago in a book my older brother owned which started my interest in model building . Took me a bit to find it . Your post brought back some fond memories . View attachment 616448
Funny what will bring back memories , this was the picture that sparked my interests in this type of venue . Little did my big brother know what he was exposing his 11 YO little brother to . first-nazi_bikers_by_peterpulp-d9tamkp.jpg Happened across it while searching for the Airplane .

And how and for what was that used?
Right you sitting comfortably ??
The Mistel composite aircraft was theoretically used as a large flying bomb !!
The Upper Aircraft (originally BF 109F, later FW 190) would pilot the Junkers 88 whilst attached to it ...all controls were slaved to the above aircraft. Upon reaching the target the Fighter would release the bomber which carried a huge warhead in it's nose section.
in reality the idea was suicidal and cumbersome made easy prey for fighters.....

Blohm & Voss BV 141
Reconnaissance Aircraft
The Blohm & Voss BV 141 was a World War II German tactical reconnaissance aircraft. It is notable for its uncommon structural asymmetry. Although the Blohm & Voss BV 141 performed well, it was never ordered into full-scale production, for reasons that included the unavailability of the preferred engine and competition from another tactical reconnaissance aircraft, the Focke-Wulf Fw 189
The more conventionally layed out FW 189
Focke_Wulf_Fw189.jpg
In both cases, the idea was to give the recon photographer as unobstructed a view as possible.
Right you sitting comfortably ??
The Mistel composite aircraft was theoretically used as a large flying bomb !!
The Upper Aircraft (originally BF 109F, later FW 190) would pilot the Junkers 88 whilst attached to it ...all controls were slaved to the above aircraft. Upon reaching the target the Fighter would release the bomber which carried a huge warhead in it's nose section.
in reality the idea was suicidal and cumbersome made easy prey for fighters.....
Since the pilot had a very good chance of survival once the drone was separated, it not nearly as suicidal as the US Operation Aphrodite/Anvil. Fourteen missions and not a single success. One of the failures killed Lt Joseph P Kennedy, Jr, the older brother of John F Kennedy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Aphrodite

Back
Top Bottom