Silly Question

Go to CruxDreams.com

Dorothy Brown

Brown Sugar
Why Has Mount Everest Shrunk, When I Was Little It Was 29,035ft. Now My Daughter Says It Is 8848 Meters What The Hell Happened To It

Well first of all don't panic remember no measurement of a real physical feature is ever exact, there are too many ways to argue to exact peak and base of Everest for example.

Though it probably has not actually worn down seven feet in your lifetime Everest is genuinely eroding. This is the inevitable fate of all mountains once they stop being driven upwards by the force of the tectonic plates, in this case the Indian sub-continent and Asia, driving into each other.

Hope that does not simply make things more confusing.

Now I Am Totally Confused And Will Now Stop Making Jokes, Ok Boys I Am On My Back, Legs Open Wide, Subject Normal

I missed that one :p next time add a couple of metres ;) and my brain might work.

Meanwhile I am taking my humour chip back to the shop I got it from.

Sorry Boys But I Was Taught Imperial Measures , Nowadays Everything Is Metric, Even Today I Still Ask For A Quarter Of Wine Gums. Seriously Though Everest Does`nt Look A Bit Impressive In Metric

Although Mount Everest, at 29,035 ft (8,850m) tall, is often called the tallest mountain; Mauna Kea, an inactive volcano on the island of Hawaii, is actually taller. Only 13,796 feet of Mauna Kea stands above sea level, however, if you measure it from its base, which is below sea level, it is 33,465 feet. If you stand Mauna Kea and Mount Everest next to each other, Mount Kea would be 4,436 feet taller!
Mount Everest is stll growing!
Mount Everest (all all the other mountains in Himalayas) are still growing higher, at a rate of about 2.4 in/6.1cm per year, as the Indian Tectonic Plate slides north under the Eurasian Plate. That means in the last 26,000 years the Himalayans have risen almost a mile!

Wikipedia told me that

I Should Be Shot For Starting This ,It`s Ruining My Reputation. But Thank You Admihoek You Have Taught Me Something New, I Did`nt Know That. I Always Associate Hawaii With Betty Grable And Song Of The Islands

I Should Be Shot For Starting This ,It`s Ruining My Reputation. But Thank You Admihoek You Have Taught Me Something New, I Did`nt Know That. I Always Associate Hawaii With Betty Grable And Song Of The Islands
me too that;s why I posted it here:p

...get back on your Altar Dorothy...

Tree

but we ............

moz-screenshot-790.png

Yes and that is why they have not smote down upon everyone already.

Seriously they are bastards, I've met 'em. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom