Silly Question

Go to CruxDreams.com
Why Has Mount Everest Shrunk, When I Was Little It Was 29,035ft. Now My Daughter Says It Is 8848 Meters What The Hell Happened To It

We were talking about this at work, appaerntly when it was fisrt measured it was EXACTLY 29000 ft , but the guys who measured it thought that nobody would beleive it was an accurate measurement, so they added 35 ft to make it look more plausible. Although mountains grow and shrink all the time, as the Earth's crust is constantly moving, that's how mountains grew up in the first place!

Where I am, in the west of Scotland, we're going up, still bouncing back after the last ice age! :D
But the south-east of Britain is sinking. And sea-levels are rising. So ...​
Tower-Bridge-Flood.jpg

Where I am, in the west of Scotland, we're going up, still bouncing back after the last ice age! :D
But the south-east of Britain is sinking. And sea-levels are rising. So ...​

Well I may have mentioned elsewhere origins in Lincolnshire. Apparently way back when experts were imported from Admiland to drain the fens. This they did with customary Dutch efficiency only for people to then realise as a result they had dropped the resulting 'extra' land below sea level.

Oooops :D

Ok, again in the "Queen's English" you said what?
Is it just Me all, but do you as well have difficulties understanding what Rodent speaks?
;)
Two peoples, seperated by a common language....who said that?

and quick very quick melting of the North and South Pole and after that we don't have any longer the Whipping but also whole Britain is not longer ruling the waves but will be swallowed up by them:D

Dutch land reclamation experts drained the Fens']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fens] Fens[/url] which is a swampy bit of terrain like Admi's homeland so it could be used as farmland much as was done in the Netherlands.

The result is that the reclaimed land now lies below sea level meaning any storm surge gets over the intervening land and there is going to be trouble.

The North Sea by the way is known for storm surges.

Well I may have mentioned elsewhere origins in Lincolnshire. Apparently way back when experts were imported from Admiland to drain the fens. This they did with customary Dutch efficiency only for people to then realise as a result they had dropped the resulting 'extra' land below sea level.

Oooops :D
Is it just Me all, but do you as well have difficulties understanding what Rodent speaks?
;)
Two peoples, seperated by a common language....who said that?

and quick very quick melting of the North and South Pole and after that we don't have any longer the Whipping but also whole Britain is not longer ruling the waves but will be swallowed up by them:D

Britain is not longer Ruling the waves but will be swallowed up by them:D

No not the whole of Britain just Scotland and Wales and some interesting western type bits of England, all of which will have gotten bigger as they tilt out of the sea...the scary thought is that in the far future we may be able to walk across the Irish 'Sea' to whip and crux the Irish! :D:cool:

yes that is the one
No not the whole of Britain just Scotland and Wales and some interesting western type bits of England, all of which will have gotten bigger as they tilt out of the sea...the scary thought is that in the far future we may be able to walk across the Irish 'Sea' to whip and crux the Irish! :D:cool:
think my friend Erin and Connie The Cruel will beat them back in the waves:D

Back
Top Bottom