The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
A busy day today...

I shelled out $2400 to the local government for personal property taxes. Then a few hours later I hear a cat giving a pained howl and can't find two of my youngest ones. 45 minutes later they both strolled up after my wife and I have been out looking for them (and, yes, I fell on my ass in the woods when I stepped on a rock and it rolled out from under my foot).

But the snow has melted and there is football on the TV (American college-type). You all be well!

According to the blessed St. Greta of Thunberg you soon won't have any snow and we'll all be dead from rising temperatures - so eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.
"Comediante "....... and well manipulated ... :monoloco:

Attachments

• e765d198-5f99-4a00-9402-a5fcb754cdc0-VPC_GRETA_THUNBERG_EMOTIONAL_DESK_THUMB.jpg
    e765d198-5f99-4a00-9402-a5fcb754cdc0-VPC_GRETA_THUNBERG_EMOTIONAL_DESK_THUMB.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 40
  • greta-thunberg-1.jpg
    greta-thunberg-1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 29
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 30
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 33
  • ThunbergGreta.jpg
    ThunbergGreta.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 34
Further to St. Greta these links might prove instructive -

According to the blessed St. Greta of Thunberg you soon won't have any snow and we'll all be dead from rising temperatures - so eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.
"Comediante "....... and well manipulated ... :monoloco:
Further to St. Greta these links might prove instructive -
Guess which of these children claims that their childhood was stolen from them?
View attachment 798796
Are we becoming political? :)
We shouldn´t forget that "St. Greta" is only 17 years old. Teens have to be enthusiatic and dramatic. Its part of their development. We should also remember that little Greta only sat alone on the street (and cut school) to protest. The whole hype was started by the media - and their chief editors and other responsible persons are adult, well-to-do and not necessarily known as tree huggers and they are who utilize Greta. They can only do so because we go into it.
To get exited about something like this is also a ancient rhetorical method to distract from the problem. If you can´t attack the arguments of your opponent, look for a small detail that has nothing to do with the problem itself - and then kick up a giant shindy.
That said, if you would have to live for a few weeks with one person - which one would you pick?
1577635034367.pngor 1577635135442.png ???

Last edited:
We should also remember that little Greta only sat alone on the street (and cut school) to protest.
The whole point is - did she do so because she knew what she was talking about or did she do so because she was told to do so. I rather think it was the latter especially as by some strange co-incidence her parents had a book published about climate change on that very same day. It is odd also that she is protected from those who want to question her as to why she believes what she does.

The whole point is - did she do so because she knew what she was talking about or did she do so because she was told to do so. I rather think it was the latter especially as by some strange co-incidence her parents had a book published about climate change on that very same day. It is odd also that she is protected from those who want to question her as to why she believes what she does.
I think she believes what she says and she has been coached since a young age to believe it. When she got into blaming all of us (including her parents) she crossed the line. Remember our hero Richard Nixon started the EPA!!!

And to think I got in trouble for writing a FICTIONAL story with a political theme. :doh: Instead of all this political nonsense, if you have a problem with Greta, write her into a story where she is kidnapped by terrorists hired by oil company executives and crucified in an abandoned coal mine only to be rescued by Stan Goldman, who had to leave New York when his condo flooded from rising sea levels. Just set it next year so she will be 18...

Last edited:
And to think I got in trouble for writing a FICTIONAL story with a political theme. :doh: Instead of all this political nonsense, if you have a problem with Greta, write her into a story where she is kidnapped by terrorists hired by oil company executives and crucified in an abandoned coal mine only to be rescued by Stan Goldman, who had to leave New York when his condo flooded from rising sea levels Just set it next year so she will be 18...
Political discussions in these threads lead to no good, just hurt feelings.

Whether or not Greta Thunberg is being manipulated is not what's important here. Climate change is real, and whatever attention she can bring to it is vital.

I am frustrated but also amused by climate change deniers. They remind me of those who thought the earth was flat, except kind of in reverse. Back then, the round earth deniers were fearful of the danger at the "edge" of the earth. Today, climate change deniers don't fear anything; they elect to live in the fool's paradise of "everything will be all right" in the face of rising oceans, polluted cities, more intensely damaging weather and eventual catastrophe.

I consider Greta a hero.

California Drought 2014 A Result Of Global Warming.jpg

Whether or not Greta Thunberg is being manipulated is not what's important here. Climate change is real, and whatever attention she can bring to it is vital.

I am frustrated but also amused by climate change deniers. They remind me of those who thought the earth was flat, except kind of in reverse. Back then, the round earth deniers were fearful of the danger at the "edge" of the earth. Today, climate change deniers don't fear anything; they elect to live in the fool's paradise of "everything will be all right" in the face of rising oceans, polluted cities, more intensely damaging weather and eventual catastrophe.

I consider Greta a hero.

View attachment 798989
Los Angeles would not be the sprawling mess that it is without siphoning billions of gallons to water their people and lawns. Don't bet the bank on climate chain... and don't count people out.

When I went to LA in 1964 you drove on two lane roads between towns through orange fields and inland wetlands. They are all gone now. And Interstate 405 is still closed on the Grapevine Hill due to snowfall.

Back
Top Bottom