The Moment of Impact

Go to CruxDreams.com
I cannot say another word in this thread.

Unless that word is 'Repertor'.

So I was posting a fairly dreary story in April '16 about a Roman woman incensed by the crucifixion of her house slaves for a murder which they didn't commit, when these renders started appearing and gave said story a new lease of life!

Jas024.jpg Jas027.jpg Jas034.jpg

Repertor's renders have their own individual style - I can easily recognise his work (but that's true of a lot of 3D artists - they all have distinctive styles despite using similar software), and in the end he completed 66 renders for 'Jasmine', for which I'll always be grateful.

Repertor posted four messages on Dec 17th 2017, the site records him as present on the 18th, then from that day to this - nothing. Yes, people do drop off this site without explanation, but Repertor was so active, so much a part of this community that it is impossible to avoid the gloomiest of conclusions after six and a half years.

Wherever you are, @Repertor, thank you, old friend.

Agree with MR @Wragg , the moment of impact is the most dramatic moment Crucifixion.
Here is Nailing the rebel Vivian

View attachment 1489029
Here the condemned rebel Vivian is about to be nailed to the cross. Nearby, some pompous bitch reads her sentence to the crowd. She takes special pleasure noting Vivian will hang nailed to the cross 'for at long as it takes to kill her.'

Vivian groans "just nail me and and get this over with."

She has no idea the pain she will feel...

Here the condemned rebel Vivian is about to be nailed to the cross. Nearby, some pompous bitch reads her sentence to the crowd. She takes special pleasure noting Vivian will hang nailed to the cross 'for at long as it takes to kill her.'

Vivian groans "just nail me and and get this over with."

She has no idea the pain she will feel...
Great descriptopn of scene :ARMS1:

The impact moment is certainly a terribly devastating element for the condemned woman. With great difficulty she arrived at the place of execution carrying on her shoulders the weight of the wood on which she will be nailed. She doesn't have time to realize what will happen to her before she is thrown to the ground and her arms are stretched out as far as they can go on the wood and held firmly by the executioner's tormentors. When she sees the nail resting on the skin of her wrist and the hammer rising she doesn't have time to realize what will happen but the first blow arrives. The tip penetrates and devastates the tissues of the wrist. The ulnar and radial nerve severed by her nail transmit a tremendous shock that goes from her hand to the brain. The second blow almost always pierces her wrist and touches the wood and the third nails the woman to the wood until she dies. Worse for feet pierced by a larger and longer nail which finds greater resistance in the cubic and therefore solid bones of the sole of the foot. Here too the shock starts from the foot and reaches the spine and the brain through the sciatic nerve.
If everything is done calmly the poor girl spends half an hour of delirium and pain and terrible screams. Once the cross is raised it will only be agony for her!

And, I know the work by Jucundus that maybe it's actually the second nail, and well, it's post reposted a lot, but I think you will appreciate the inclusion:

paingasm-jpg.1170404
This picture in particular is illustrating something I only found out from this forum through the Lexicon. Fucknailing. Both a nail and a meaty protrusion of the male body violating them all at the same time. Only now have I discovered this even though I've had this fascination since 7 years old. Please tell me there is a thread for pictures of this nature. It's too hot to ignore. >.<

This picture in particular is illustrating something I only found out from this forum through the Lexicon. Fucknailing. Both a nail and a meaty protrusion of the male body violating them all at the same time. Only now have I discovered this even though I've had this fascination since 7 years old. Please tell me there is a thread for pictures of this nature. It's too hot to ignore. >.<
Yes there is, here:

wfc-ax-308.jpeggabrielle cross.pngI just found this thread and it’s truly a great observation to highlight. The moment of impact is devastating and brutal.

As for my own contributions, I think Sam Raimi should be counted among the artists who was fascinated with depicting crucifixion. One image I’m obsessed with eventually being able to paint well is this one (some may remember that I tried and failed to do so, but I’ve been slowly improving my skills). The nail is introduced in a moment, but Gabriele is clearly anticipating it.

Xena’s reaction to being nailed is great acting in my opinion, too.

Back
Top Bottom