The Lord is king, let the heavens ring
God reigns, let the earth be glad

This is my father's world
He shines in all that's fair
In the rustling grass, I hear him pass
He speaks to me everywhere
In the rustling grass, I hear him pass

He speaks to me everywhere

They've added a juvenile category this year. I am sure "foreigners" (as are we all in these places) are welcome to vote.

This made the Wall Street Journal this week, so though there are no ads yet I'm not sure there will never be any.

A proposal to mine a rich gold/copper deposit nearby, which would surely cripple the salmon run into the park, has been blocked. I'm not sure how long that will last either, although I read that some rich conservatives who like to fish are in opposition.

Many musical gifts that are uplifting have been posted.
Texts of poems and wise sayings have been seen.
In addition, some visual items cannot help but uplift your heart.

The colors are false and enhanced, but the glory of this phenomenon is awe-inspiring.

6,523 light-years from the earth; 5.5 light-years across; first discovered by English astronomer John Bevis in 1731 (with no help from Butthead); named by William Parsons, 3rd Earl of Rosse, who observed it in 1842; a supernova remnant and pulsar wind nebula; the remains of a bright supernova recorded by Chinese astronomers in 1054; still expanding at about 1,500 kilometers per second.

The Crab Nebula
Multiwavelength-Crab-Nebula.jpg

Hit the enlarge button to be awed!

An homage for the newly completed season. Two great covers of what is reputed to be the most covered (over 25,000 versions) song in history, the lullaby/aria composed in 1934 by George Gershwin for the 1935 opera Porgy and Bess. The lyrics are by DuBose Heyward, the author of the novel Porgy on which the opera was based.
A classic performance by one of the greatest all-time female vocalists

A more modern version by the daughter of Ravi Shankar, the great Indian Sitarist.

With Autumn coming, a song of November's cold. A sad tale, but told in a marvelous song. Telling of a routine trip on the Lakes from Wisconsin, around Michigan to Ohio. But as it says in the song:
"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they say, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early"

OK, but because it is becoming a very dark autumn and there is less sunlight everywhere on the Northern hemisphere of our planet, isn't it also time to remember the beautiful "Stimmungskanonen" (= "mood cannons") of other times with more sunlight? I remember some songs which were incredible hits just because they were released in the darkest German months like late October or November, for example this following one.
As far as I remember the story behind this song, the singer is really a German who emigrated during the 1970's to Jamaica because he could not stand any more the dark and rainy months in Germany between October and March.
He had some businesses in Jamaica, a little hotel and connections to some female singers there. Finally, he had the idea to bring this own song together with them back to Germany in December 1979. It was the greatest financial success of his life and one of the most successful songs during the whole decade around this song, which sounds better in English than in German:

Additionally and as far as I remember, around the time between 1978 and 1982, there were ladies' groups from the Netherlands who were famous in Germany as the greatest Dutch "Mood Cannons" when they had their performances in Germany and will I love them until I die:

Last edited:
... and I do not really know why, but I always feel somehow much better after hearing these songs and after seeing these singers, their performance, their faces, their moves & motions, their legs ... hrm ... I should better stop now ... ;)

Additionally and as far as I remember, around the time between 1978 and 1982, there were ladies' groups from the Netherlands who were famous in Germany as the greatest Dutch "Mood Cannons" when they had their performances in Germany and will I love them until I die:

I never heard of these, damnit!

Back
Top Bottom