Merry Christmas From Damian

Go to CruxDreams.com

Damian

Governor
All the best for Christmas and New Year to all the members, here are two images for everyones enjoyment -see if you can spot the differences. (Of course you can)

Attachments

• cruxforum01.jpg
    cruxforum01.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 1,437
  • cruxforum03.jpg
    cruxforum03.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 1,362
OK, now some wordsmiths can write a story about what has happened and is taking place, it would be interesting to read different fantasies.

OK, now some wordsmiths can write a story about what has happened and is taking place, it would be interesting to read different fantasies.

History tells us that in 52 BC, Julius Caesar besieged the Gaulish chieftain Vercingetorix in the hill fortress of Alesia. With food running out and crowding becoming an issue, the Gauls expelled the women and children from the fort, hoping that the Romans would let them go. They did not, leaving them to starve in the no mans land between the two armies.
What history does not tell is that the daughter of Vercingetorix and her handmaids attempted to flee in disguise amidst the confusion. Captured and revealed for who they were, the chieftain's daughter was crucified naked and flogged mercilessly within clear site of the fortress walls, and under the watchful eye of Caesar himself. This episode was a serious blow to the morale of the Gauls from which they did not recover.

All the best for Christmas and New Year to all the members, here are two images for everyones enjoyment -see if you can spot the differences. (Of course you can)

Wonderful post Damian! Love the expressions and body language of the unfortunates on the ground waiting their turn.

Happy holidays from me to everyone here at CruxForums!!!

Merry Christmas Damian and to all our members. I shall consult with Eulalia about a suitable title for you. We shall spot the differences after tea. For anyone who doesn't know how much work is involved in a manipulation here's the original.

Attachments

• Siege-alesia-vercingetorix-jules-cesar.jpg
    Siege-alesia-vercingetorix-jules-cesar.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 836
Merry Christmas Damian and to all our members. I shall consult with Eulalia about a suitable title for you. We shall spot the differences after tea. For anyone who doesn't know how much work is involved in a manipulation here's the original.
There are about 9 separate images in the first manipulation and 4 more with the second one. It's not so much how many images you use but to find the right ones, with suitable lighting and perspective to fit the scenes, I often spend more time looking for the right material that actually doing them.

Merry Christmas Melissa.

it's certainly the kind of image that sets my story-making hormones racing,
I'll enjoy meditating on it over the holiday.
Having a spot of computer bother so I won't try responding to your challenge
till I've got my new one in the new year.

One thing about the 'added' content,
I've often fantasised about being led naked to the whipping-post
and seeing a girl who's just been flogged,
being taken down and left lying there,
still squirming, sobbing and bleeding,
while I'm made to step over her to be tied up in her place.
I haven't ever seen a pic or manip where that's been thought of,
you've pretty well provided one.

But then we know you're a genius!​

I think the first image is vastly superior as attention is focused very much on the girl on the cross. The addition of the crawling girl in the background distracts from this. Nobody was paying her much attention anyway. Also the composition of the first pic does more closely follow the Rules of Thirds which for some reason does tend to make the overall effect more pleasing and draws the eyes to your main subject.

I think the first image is vastly superior as attention is focused very much on the girl on the cross. The addition of the crawling girl in the background distracts from this. Nobody was paying her much attention anyway. Also the composition of the first pic does more closely follow the Rules of Thirds which for some reason does tend to make the overall effect more pleasing and draws the eyes to your main subject.
A good point, sometimes too much happening in a picture takes away from the main subject, however I like the additional narrative in some pictures.

I don't know about 'genius' but I try to get into the 'spirit' and live the scene. We all look forward to your fantasy lovely Eulalia!

That is so fucking visceral, Eul. The pulse quickens with anticipation!

thats wierd, one of my posts just disappeared. never mind, what I said was that we love your work Damian. Personally I don't mind if theres more than one girl receiving the whip in a picture, but its interesting to see that Damian says that its difficult to find suitable source images if theres more than one girl where the lighting is right to make them both look convincing and in the same lighting. lets make it easier for him by posting loads more images! I'll start looking straight away . .

thats wierd, one of my posts just disappeared. never mind, what I said was that we love your work Damian. Personally I don't mind if theres more than one girl receiving the whip in a picture, but its interesting to see that Damian says that its difficult to find suitable source images if theres more than one girl where the lighting is right to make them both look convincing and in the same lighting. lets make it easier for him by posting loads more images! I'll start looking straight away . .
I'm ALWAYS looking for suitable images, more images always welcome, in fact, I have been generously supplied by great material by friends in the past and have a huge collection, one of the reasons it takes so much time to find them.

Back
Top Bottom