Amica

Go to CruxDreams.com
Amica 38

I feel it, I feel it, he’s here! The clatter of horse's hooves on the pavement match the beat of my heart, it's a frenetic ride, a continuous gallop. I see him, leaning forward on his horse, the wolf skin swinging on his shoulders, the crest of his helmet streaming with the speed, his cape flying like wings spread wide in the wind.

I run to the door, I go down a step, the horse turns into the street in front of the house. Fannius, Fannius my love has arrived! He's not surprised to see me waiting already outside, our hearts, our minds are now one. He dismounts, we hug, he kisses me on the lips, tongue against tongue, all my nerves are as taut as harp-strings, my muscles quivering like a hunting cat’s.

A hug for his mother, then into the bath-house, we’re naked, entwined, interpenetrating, we’re a single body, a marine animal splashing in the warm water, twisting, turning, our mouths greedy for one another, his hands on my breasts, in my precious shrine, his dagger in my pink slit, there’s no limit, no time.

Then on horseback we race toward the villa where time does not exist, where we are time, where we are at one with nature. We run into the woods, naked, clinging to the trunks of trees like ivy, hiding between the black rocks of Vesuvius, I'm prey being hunted to death, given up to the jaws of the wolf!

And through the night, the magic of moonlight draws black shadows on our bodies and bright reflections on our skin, reflections from our eyes, our aroma is the scent of the wind from the sea mixed with the odour of myrtle and dried leaves of autumn.

The thrill, the fever that burns our skin, the warmth of the blood flowing in our veins, the heat of the flame that burns in the tripod, the fire of nature, fire that smoulders in the depths of the earth, and bursts without warning in my guts, in my throat!

Attachments

• Amica 38.pdf
    5.9 KB · Views: 14
Amica 37

While the madame is showing me a collection of stone dildos of various shapmind reader!es, an elderly client arrives.

'What number are you?', he asks me,

'A thousand times a thousand', I reply,

'But here they only go up to number sixteen!'

'She’s not a girl of the house, look for yours among the girls sitting in the waiting room!', says the madame.

The madame explains again that the spintriae (tokens) enable the girls to prove how many customers they’ve satisfied each day; everything is recorded in the account-book, and once she reaches a certain set amount, the girl may go free and try to get something else for a living.

The house is also frequented by free women who come here to spend pleasant moments with occasional lovers, or to earn some denarii that they can hide from their husbands and use to indulge some whim that their mean husbands won’t allow them - some makeup, perfume, or a dress.

Suddenly a man enters, grabs me and pulls me toward a cubicle, I scream!

'Gemini! Gemini! Cucurrite!', Screams the madam.

Two huge blacks come running to throw him out, they grab the brute that wanted to fuck me by the arms and legs, open a trapdoor, and hurl him down the emergency exit, a steep stone slide that leads directly down to the alleyway below. I'm safe, but my legs are trembling at the danger I faced.

'Help! Help! He’s killing me! Help!'

The screams are coming from one of the more secluded areas of the brothel, to access it you have to pass through a door on which is depicted a naked girl with her arms raised, bound hand and foot.

Junia is screaming, a fat slave girl whose thighs are four times the size of those of Juno Attica in the temple near the forum. She’s kneeling on the bed, bound hand and foot, her legs spread wide. Her tormentor is possessing her anally and spanking her on the ass, leaving the marks of his hands with every stroke, her white skin is reddened and burning.

Junia’s desperate screams continue.

'Just stop it you two, you’ll scare off all my customers! Do you think this is a private love-nest? It’s a brothel!'

screams the madame, as the bouncers grab the brute and throw him naked down the emergency chute, then chuck down his clothes out of the window.

'Why have you turned him away? I was having fun, I was enjoying it like Penelope being buggered by the faggots!'

‘Shut up Junia! It’s not your house, you can see everyone’s come out of the cubicles, alarmed by your screams! Some of them have already run away! You'll have to be whipped for the loss of income that you caused! I’ll send you to work in a plebs’ brothel where you yell as much as you like. This is a well-reviewed house, the patricians do not want this kind of commotion! Whip her! '

she commands, turning to the black twins, who don’t need to be told twice, they take away poor Junia weeping, now they’ll have their fun with the fat slave girl.

Fortunately Dromos appears,

'Bene futui! (I've had a good fuck!)'

The madame apologizes for the disturbance a moment ago,

'Such things must never happen here!'

Then she tells me,

'If you want, you can come here whenever you like. You can make love with your lover here, safe from prying eyes - or you can make good money, you can meet rich magistrates, or merchants who are richer still, they’d willingly pay a good five hundred gold sesterces for an hour with a nice girl like you!'

A bow my head gratefully,

'I'll think about it!' I reply politely.

We go out by a side door that opens onto a small courtyard between the neighboring houses and allows clients to get away from the brothel without being seen, along an alley that doesn’t lead to the Street of the Temple of Mercury.
A fat slave girl getting carried away during anal rape, then hauled off to be whipped and gang raped by two black hunks?

Luna, you're a mindreader

... The thrill, the fever that burns our skin, the warmth of the blood flowing in our veins, the heat of the flame that burns in the tripod, the fire of nature, fire that smoulders in the depths of the earth, and bursts without warning in my guts, in my throat! ...

Could it be true ? If YES, why am I yet lesbian ? :rolleyes::p

Amica 39

On the wall to the left of the small lararium (shrine of the household gods), just beyond the atrium, is painted a fresco of Bacchus, whose dress is a bunch of grapes. There’s a big snake in the foreground, and in the background a mountain with vineyards up the side and above them the rocky top.

Bacco e Vesuvio.jpg

'What’s this painting about?'

'The god Bacchus.' answered Fannius.

Oh why do men respond with just half-sentences, and don’t explain anything more?

'Yeah, well it doesn’t take much imagination to understand that it’s Bacchus, but what are those flying birds? What’s the snake doing there, and the bird that’s cleansing its teeth? Why the mountain?'

'Don’t ask me questions that are too complicated, you should ask the painter what they all mean, or my father who commissioned the painting after the earthquake, fifteen years ago when I was still a boy - but even better, Eulalia would know and explain it to you.'

It’s hopeless, it’s like trying to lure spiders out of their holes! If men don’t want to answer, that’s how they act. Perhaps it is because their minds flee reality, perhaps the effort of thinking or remembering wears them out, or it brings up something they want to suppress.

Seeing the disappointment in my eyes, he takes me in front of the painting, remaining behind me, hugs me around my hips with his arms of steel,

'See,' he says, 'it’s Mount Vesuvius with vineyards growing on the slopes, and then forests, then the treeless top. But it’s not accurate, it’s an imaginative representation, not the real picture, it only gives an idea of the mountain. Bacchus is pouring the wine that’s in the ampulla down onto the ground to make the earth fertile, the soil that produces best Falernum wine in the Empire. However, this is the Agathodaimon Serpent facing the altar, he is the genius loci (the spirit of the place), just as Bacchus, or Dionysus, is the spirit of Vesuvius.'

Then he falls silent, thoughtful.

'But the birds, what do they represent? And why are they flying away?'

'I don’t know, I never managed to explain it. And then you see there’s also that big spotted lynx jumping, and if you look on the left on the wall there’s a deer fleeing. The whole thing is an idyll, a sacral image, to seek the protection of the god on our crops and on our house.'

'But do you think there are gods?'

'I’ve long since ceased to believe in the gods, since I became a soldier. Every day I see young people dying in their prime of life, even though every day before battle, we make sacrifices to plead for their benevolence. They’re worthless, you just have to count on yourself, on your own strength. However, so as not to disturb the men's beliefs, I participate in the rites, but I just throw a handful of aromatic gum as an offering in the altar-fire.'

He falls silent.

This is why males don’t want to talk, because if they speak they are forced to think, and thinking inevitably evokes the ghosts that chase them like goblins, and their peace is disturbed.

'Have you ever seen the top of Vesuvius?'

'Yes, it's a great amphitheater, but the center is without any vegetation, and the rocks are reddish.'

'I want to see Vesuvius myself, it seems so strange compared to other mountains.'

'Tomorrow we’ll go up to the point where you can see the whole country around, and the crater in the middle.'

We embraced through the night, each of us pursuing our own thoughts, so close and yet so far apart.

Before the light of dawn brightens the sky we mount horses, taking with us two slaves also on horseback, and ride along the route of the trail leading to the summit area.

The autumn sun does not heat up as much the summer, the slope is not steep and we climb easily.

Getting above the woods we find ourselves in some pasture where sheep and goats graze on the sparse vegetation that’s now quite parched.

Suddenly, the horses do not want to go any further, and it’s no use urging them on or whipping them. The two slaves will guard the horses and we’ll go on up on foot, taking a little food and a small skin bag full of wine with honey dissolved in it. We lace our rugged leather boots up tight, there’s no good path ahead.

With our gaze upward, we look for a way among the rocks. Sometimes we look back at the magnificent landscape that surrounds us, the Gulf, the islands, the cities now illuminated by the sun that’s already high in the sky. A little while longer, a little further to go, and then a breathtaking spectacle - a crown of jagged peaks, like the teeth of a giant animal, surrounding a wide valley, a little concave towards the center. There’s a little dry grass, but only on the surrounding area, in the center there’s only stones everywhere, gray, reddish, and black.

It’s an almost eery view here, which contrasts with the spectacle of the sea that opens in front of us, with the ships heading for the ports of Oplontis and Herculaneum, the fishing boats, and further away Partenope and Misenum.

'That’s Cuma there, around the headland, the mountain in the Phlegraean Fields (Campi Flegrei, a volcanic area) and the city of Puteoli (Pozzuoli). The small island is Procida, and larger, Aenarea (Ischia). To the left there’s Capreae (Capri) and the mountain of Surrentum (Sorrento), Stabiae, Pompeii, Nola.'

The wind ruffles our hair, our light cloaks fly open like wings. We look for a place to reast, eat the little food and drink the wine that will give us strength. Collecting a little dried grass and a few branches of withered shrubs we light a fire. I throw a little wine on the ground to thank the god of this place. Now we cook the lamb chops over the flame, the Falernum is delicious, hard cheese melts in the heat of the fire and spreads with the knife on the freshly-cut bread, dried figs and walnuts are the complement to this delicious lunch.

The wind stops, birds fly up in alarm, vapors are rising from the rocks that are in the middle of the valley, the few leaves on the bushes stir as if moved by a wind that is not there. There’s a thud like a distant thunder, then the earth shakes. I hug Fannius, frightened, he caresses my hair, as if to reassure me.

The fire that was dying down flares up, and columns of steam are rising from cracks in the rocks. Alarmed by these events we collect the few things that we brought with us and hasten down - perhaps we’ve angered the god, perhaps we’ve violated his home, and now he’s driving us away? A last glance at the hostile nature of this mountain, and we carry on down to places that appear more secure.

One of the slaves who stayed behind to guard the horses runs towards us, saying that even before the earth trembled the horses were restless, the birds flew away, snakes came out of their holes and wriggled off fast, and when the earth shook, one of the horses tore its reins and bolted, they couldn’t chase him without losing the others who were also trying to run away. He kneels in front of Fannius, saying he’ll walk down the mountain on foot.

But Fannius lifts me up with him on his horse, it’s robust, it doesn’t notice my little additional weight, so the slaves will have their mounts to reach the villa quickly.

Cuddling him, I say in a low voice that he made the right choice, if he'd left the slave to come down on foot, as well as the horse he’d have risked losing the slave!

Now the sun sets in the sea, its golden light illuminates the landscape, we arrive at the villa as the first shadows of evening are falling. The slaves and slavewomen run out towards us, they feared the worst when, in the middle of the afternoon, they saw the horse that had bolted return home alone.

Attachments

• Amica 39.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 7
You can find strange the description of what happened while in the top of Vesuvius, do not think it's just a fantasy, it is a true fact that it still happens now.
I'll explain: it is a phenomenon well known to the guides of tourists who climb on top of Mount Vesuvius. Lighting a fire near a crack in the rocks, all around the crater begins to emit smoke, it's really impressive, you know that the volcano is definitely alive, is not sleeping, is alive and reacts like an animal, when I saw this thing to the first time, my legs were shaking with fear.

013%20-%20Cresta%20lavica%20e%20fumo%20dal%20cratere%20Vesuvio%20pi%29%20da%20vicino.JPG

Last edited:
What a great description, Luna !!! :clapping:

But, I've noticed that :
...It’s hopeless, it’s like trying to lure spiders out of their holes! If men don’t want to answer, that’s how they act. Perhaps it is because their minds flee reality, perhaps the effort of thinking or remembering wears them out, or it brings up something they want to suppress...

I've also and often thought this ... I hope that it's not because they think that we're not able to understand their explainations ! ... but I've a doubt ...:devil:

Amica 40

We make a brief stop in the Lararium to thank the gods for the narrow escape. The painting has now taken on a different meaning after the events of today, the birds flying away, and the crown-wearing snake, so twisted that it hardly touches the ground seems to be escaping in the grass, and moreover, above the summit of the mountain, those things that at first glance seem to be clouds are no longer so, with their strange shapes they’re like columns of smoke, half-hidden by the frieze above the scene, something very different!

A refreshing bath clears the fatigue of the day. We eat dinner together in the small triclinium near the kitchens, the one that overlooks the small peristyle.

The slaves who accompanied us recount the events of their day, the restlessness of the horses, the earthquake , the stallion bolting, and the terror they felt. The others listen amazed, someone ventures his opinion that we had gone too far, we’d come too close to the mountain of God, others, the moralising elders, speak of the wrath of all the gods at the corruption consuming the lives of the citizens, recalling the earthquake that seriously damaged all the cities nearby. We don’t add any more, to tell how the fire reignited, how smoke rose up from the cracks in the earth, how the birds flew away and the snakes wriggled off, or about the strange smell of burning metal and melting sulphur, would only create greater alarm in these simple minds who get so excited by such tales and indulge in fantasies.

It is late, the wind from the sea brings clouds that hide the tops of the mountains, maybe it will rain. We retreat into the bedroom. I wait naked, lying at ease on the pillows, for Fannius to join me. But he’s gone away for a moment and returns with a scroll, a pen and ink, and sits at his desk.

'What are you writing?'

'My diary, the events of the day, the extraordinary events we’ve witnessed.'

'Vitruvius wrote that once a fire was lit under Vesuvius, and as it boiled it spilled out, flooding the nearby countryside, and also that the stone called spongia, the Pompeian pumex (pumice), seems to have been produced from some other kind of stone during such a fire. Strabo, the Greek, reports that at the top of Vesuvius are depressions like deep crevasses, whose reddish rocks seems to have been baked by the fire; he says it’s proof that in the past all this area was a volcano and had a crater where the fire later died due to lack of fuel. Diodorus, recounting the exploits of Hercules, says it reached the plain of Cuma called Phlegraea, ‘Fiery’, and the mountain had erupted in ancient times sending up a huge fire, like Mount Etna in Sicily. Vesuvius still shows many traces of ancient eruptions, Fannius, it’s a dangerous mountain.'

'How do you know all these things? Strabo and Diodorus wrote in Greek, can you read Greek? '

'Yes, Eulalia is teaching me to read Latin and Greek. When I was arranging the books in the library, I found the rolls open at these pages and I read them.'

'Even if Vesuvius was once like Etna, from time immemorial it’s shown no sign of erupting, so you can take it that it’s died, as Strabo says - and Pliny says nothing of Mount Vesuvius.'

'Well, I doubt that it’s dead, you saw what happened when we were at the top? The fire flaring up again, the smoke rising from the crevices and the center of the bowl, do you think that suggests it’s dead? I saw a mountain erupt on an island in the sea when I was kidnapped from my home, it's an extraordinary sight, and a dreadful one.'

'I've heard of Roman ships being sunk off the islands of Stromboli and Vulcano, north of Sicily, in storms caused by the eruptions of those mountains on fire.'

He continues writing his diary by the light of an oil lamp, but not for long. I welcome him into the bed, he grabs me, tying my wrists behind my head with my long hair, I'm his captive! We play, he kisses me on the mouth, bites my breasts, sucks my nipples. I pretend I want to get free, he grabs me by my ankles, lifts me and plunges his sword into my belly that can’t wait to be pierced, then, exhausted by the exertions of the day and our recent passion, we fall asleep embracing, happily unconcerned about our future.

Attachments

• Amica 40.pdf
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
Amica 41

ῥοδοδάκτυλοςἨώς! Rosy-fingered dawn paints the sky to the east, heralding the sun advancing on his golden chariot, the light is filtering through the window already, we still linger, lazy, in our bed.

'Tell me about this island with mountains belching fire, tell me about yourself, I want to know more about your story.'

'Every time my thoughts return to my past, it opens a bleeding wound, but since you ask me to tear open my heart, I'll tell you my tragic story.'

'Only by looking dispassionately at our past can we manage to overcome the pain and strengthen ourselves to face the trials that life holds for us. I, as I've said, look death in the eye every day, I see the havoc that war wreaks on the bodies of my soldiers. If I'd given myself up to sentiment, I’d already have ended up feeding the worms of the earth, or at best as ashes scattered to the winds.'

So, as I’ve already told it to Eulalia and then to Pliny, my life flows before my eyes and in my own words.

'It’s really sad, this story of yours, but I want to know where your captors’ ship took you to.'

'We sailed just before dawn, the prow of the ship was pointing towards the darkness of the night, but the sun didn’t seem to rise that day or on any of those that immediately followed, because the sky and the sea became confused in a continuous storm.
I was tied to the mast of the ship, but I managed to get out from the pocket of my fur coat two amulets: one was an oblong stone, shaped like a fish, by holding it by the wire that suspended it in the center, I could see that the ship was continuing to travel in the direction of the sunset; the other was a stone that I used to wear as a pendant on a necklace – I’d hidden it in my pocket so it wouldn’t get ripped off - looking through its transparent surface, I could see the position of the sun through the clouds and mist.
I'm sure we sailed for eight days, and always on the same course. Then the coastline of some land came into view, covered with ice and mountains. We’d already come very close inshore when suddenly from one of the mountains there rose up a huge column of smoke, fire and lightning, hot stones fell into the sea, they even reached the ship. The steersman turned the prow just in time, as an immense wave struck the stern pushing the vessel away.
The wave washed at least five of the murderers off the galley, those who remained were too busy controlling the vessel to notice that I was checking the route with my instruments. We sailed for another six days towards what you call noon, then a rugged coastline was ahead of us, but the sea was still stormy, and the ship smashed against the foot of the cliff. I don’t know how, but I saved myself, only one of them was saved, he stripped me of everything I had on, and sold me as a slave to a local sailor who, along with others, had rushed to the scene of the wreck. '

'To recapitulate, starting from the point of the shipwreck, I gather the island was six days sailing to the north of the land where you were sold, and your own land would be eight days from that island. Now I judge from your story that the land with the mountain that spits fire must be the island of Thule. Pliny mentions a place exactly like it:

Ultima omnium quae memorantur Tyle, in qua solstitio nullas esse noctes indicavimus, cancri signum sole transeunte, nullosque contra per brumam dies. Hoc quidam senis mensibus continuis fieri arbitrantur. Timaeus historicus a Britannia introrsus sex dierum navigatione abesse dicit insulam Ictim, in qua candidum plumbum proveniat; ad eam Britannos vitilibus navigiis corio circumsutis navigare. A Tyle unius diei navigatione mare concretum a nonnullis Cronium appellatur.

The most remote of all [places] that we find mentioned is Thule, in which, as we have previously stated, there is no night at the summer solstice, when the sun is passing through the sign of Cancer, while on the other hand at the winter solstice there is no day. Some writers are of opinion that this state of things lasts for six whole months together. Timæus the historian says that an island called Ictis is six days' sailing from Britannia, in which white lead is found; and that the Britons sail over to it in boats made of osiers covered with sewn hides [curraghs]. One day's sailing from Thule is the frozen ocean, which by some is called the Cronian Sea.

Too bad that you no longer have your precious amulets with you, it would be very interesting for the commanders of our fleets, and Pliny in particular, to understand how they work. We suspected that the seafaring peoples of the north had some means unknown to us to navigate their ships, we couldn’t explain how they could turn up all of a sudden, at night and in the fog, on the coast of Gallia.

But the thing that amazes me most is this, it’s not I who have chosen the most beautiful slave to make her my own, but it is the queen of the land to the east of Thule who’s chosen me as her lover: Salve Regina! [Hail Queen!]'

'You can say that, but I am a slave-queen!'

Attachments

• Amica 41.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Amica 42

The air is calm and warm, more so than usual, a thin layer of mist is stretching over the countryside and on the coast where the waves of a troubled sea are crashing. You can see the walls and towers, and the high roofs of the temples on the forum, the statues on the triumphal arch.

In the distance, the peaks of the surrounding mountains breaking through the mist, blending their colors with the morning sky, the cloud that darkest over Vesuvius suddenly vanishes. Although it is still early, the gates are open, as wave upon wave of horses, chariots, and people on foot arrive, the streets are full of citizens and foreigners who have come to the circus to see the promised show.

When enter the house to change our clothes, we find everyone in turmoil. Fulvia’s slavegirls are racing to prepare the mistress, Lucius is ready, Eulalia’s already wearing her greek dress, only I'm late. Two slavesgirls bring me at a trot into the room next to that of Fannius. They undress me, I have to put on a tight lambskin thong, no more than a strip that just hides my pubis, leaving my buttocks completely bare, a white dress of an almost transparent fabric that does up only to the height of my waist or a little hand-span above, secured with precious stones, the deep plunging neckline reveals even my belly-button, the back’s completely bare, the sleeves on my arms come down to my waist.

One of them draws fine strokes on my lips and eyelids, in my favorite color, the blue of lapis lazuli; my hair is carefully combed and gathered on top of my head, with jewellery galore around my hair, over my ears, bracelets and necklaces – one is a chain with a pendant that touches my navel - and finally my sandals and anklets.

I’m feeling a sense of embarrasment to think that I’ll be in the midst of men and women, on full show in Pompeii, 'displayed', so to speak, in this way, when fortunately they cover my shoulders with a large red shawl that, for better or worse, hides in a sensually teasing way what the dress hardly covers. Now I'm ready for the exhibition, like a bride at the wedding party.

The litter brings us to the arena.
ArenaPompei.jpg

The amphitheater, out of all portion to the size of the city, is already crowded with excited people. Before the big show, there’s been the trial and execution of two men condemned to death for an unusual offence.

Meanwhile, members of the highest ranks of society are arriving to see the games, accompanied by their retinues of slaves and freedmen, deployed to clear the way as they pass. The noble spectators take their places on the gallery, slaves, mixed with the common people, can sit on the public terraces.

'Come, my little one, you’ll go up on the higher platform where the ladies sit,' Fannius tells me.

From below the looks of the young unmarried men are strongly drawn to this gallery by the colors of the clothes that look like a garden of flowers. I sit close to Eulalia, right behind Fulvia Lucilla. She is conversing with a beautiful and comely widow, Rectina, said to be the lover of Pliny. Farther away, in the middle of a crowd of beautiful, half-naked girls, is the dancer, Novellia Primigenia, the one who strips naked during performances in the exclusive circles of Pompeian nobility.

Lower down, nearer the arena, is the gallery of the nobles and the wealthy, the magistrates and individuals honored with senatorial or knightly rank, among them Lucius and Fannius. The Aedile who has arranged this show is sitting on a throne under a canopy of white fabric with a red border. This will benefit his standing as a politician as he’s running for election, not just here in Pompeii, but even in Rome.

Up here in the ladies’ gallery, the politician’s wife is chattering endlessly, proclaiming the achievements of her husband, conducting his election campaign, launching a charm offensive at the wives of potential voters, but the talk’s turning more now to comments on the figures of gladiators, who’ve entered the arena to the cheers of the people, keen to see them fight, struggle and die.

'Look at that giant gladiator, he’s armed wierdly, just a trident and a fishing-net!'

'That's a retiarius', explains Eulalia, 'don’t imagine that he’s doomed to die before the others who seem more heavily armed.'

The ladies know each of them by name, their form, their past victories, and they side with one or the other; the audience of wealthy women argue, to the sound of gold, about their performance in bed.

The show begins. First there will be a demonstration of fighting, where there won’t be any killed or injured, just a fencing display to demonstrate how the school of gladiators of Pompeii trains its fighters, a school renowned throughout the Empire that has sent out champions who’ve distinguished themselves in the arenas of Rome. After they’ve achieved a given number of victories, they will be made free, many will become instructors, or the bodyguards of patricians and senators.

Now there’s a one-to-one match between a Greek wearing cesti (leather boxing-gloves with metal reinforcements and spikes) and a Gaul, who has notched up ten victories.

Cestus.jpg

He knocks his opponent to the ground, blood gushes from his mouth and ears, his skull’s smashed, he’s had it. He’s dragged away with horses to the spoliarium (where his body will be stripped before disposal).

Meanwhile, betting is frantic, bags of gold are changing hands, fortunes evaporate, the dead are cursed. One combat after another, wounded losers are condemned to death or saved by a wave of the hand, while the crowd yells 'Nece! Nece!' (Kill! Kill!).

The women participate passionately, more than men, they’re more interested in betting than in the fate of the gladiators.
pompei.jpg

The most awful scene is taking place right now, a secutor (a class of gladiator) mortally wounded by a retiarius is lying bleeding on the sand, the victor is looking up at the stands to watch for the hand-signal granting clemency to his opponent, who has fought with great courage.
Reziario.jpg
There’s a dull murmur among the crowd, now on their feet, but no signal, no pity for the vanquished, but the trident isn’t adequate for a quick kill.
Gladiatore.jpg
A deathly hush fills the arena, a sinister minister of death appears, his face hidden behind a visor, holding a short, sharp sword. He approaches the loser who’s now kneeling on the ground, puts his left hand on his head and grasps his hair, holds the sword close to his throat.

He still looks to the silent crowd in the hope of a reprieve, but nothing changes, the blade flashes and slices through his throat.

ReziarioVsSecutor.JPG

Retiarius_vs_secutor_from_Borghese_mosaic.jpg

Attachments

• Amica 42.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 10
" Panem et cirquences circenses ...":D

Not far from my home, there is also a great show about our Country'History and including an arena with gladiators'fights ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom