Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
Crucifixions did not usually last for hours, as is reported for Jesus, but depending on the weather conditions and the constitution, the extremely painful death lasted for days! Extreme pain in every position of the body, complete immobility of the hands and feet, cramps and despair...
Burning at the stake is of course also associated with panic and terrible pain, but most victims quickly suffocated in the flames - depending on the wind and the nature of the wood. After about 15 to 30 minutes, unconsciousness and then death occurred. I think the crucifixions were even more cruel!

View attachment 1497035
15...30 minutes on the fire? You give a very optimistic assessment. When burning over a small fire, such a time may be plausible. However, personally I think the victim dies faster.

15...30 minutes on the fire? You give a very optimistic assessment. When burning over a small fire, such a time may be plausible. However, personally I think the victim dies faster.
Just look at a big fire (Easter fire) and see how long it takes for the thick wood to burn properly...
The brushwood and thin wood only burn the feet of the victim standing upright at the stake. This is why burning at the stake was particularly agonizing. To make things easier, the witch could be burned sitting on the pyre (suffocation quicker), or she could be tied to a ladder that was thrown into the fire when the pyre was already ablaze... But the witch did not die quite as quickly if she was slowly lowered into the fire... (Images).

Joan of Arc, on the other hand, was placed on a high pedestal made of plaster in order to prolong the burning above the pyre for a particularly long time...

Witch-burning-in-Schiltach-1533.jpg Witch-burning-monument.jpg Witch-burning-Philippoteaux.jpg Witch-burning.gif

Crucifixions did not usually last for hours, as is reported for Jesus, but depending on the weather conditions and the constitution, the extremely painful death lasted for days! Extreme pain in every position of the body, complete immobility of the hands and feet, cramps and despair...
Burning at the stake is of course also associated with panic and terrible pain, but most victims quickly suffocated in the flames - depending on the wind and the nature of the wood. After about 15 to 30 minutes, unconsciousness and then death occurred. I think the crucifixions were even more cruel!

View attachment 1497035
You forgot to burn the witch!!!

Witch-burning.gif
You forgot to burn the witch!!!
I certainly didn't forget to burn the witch (see above), but one thing at a time... First it's about testing the pyre ;)
And let her burn now ... let us purify her cursed body in the flames to at least save her soul :)

auto_da_fe_by_kamelysoulreaver.jpg

I certainly didn't forget to burn the witch (see above), but one thing at a time... First it's about testing the pyre ;)
And let her burn now ... let us purify her cursed body in the flames to at least save her soul :)

View attachment 1497176
With her wearing clothes? What has time done to us? She should be naked when she is burned!
bats 012.jpg

With her wearing clothes? What has time done to us? She should be naked when she is burned!
The idea was precisely that the fire would expose the witch at the stake!
The burning clothes falling down and completely exposing the victim - at least above and between the flames - while the victim screamed in pain and panic. This was even more spectacular for the observer than the witch being naked from the start.
In the case of Joan of Arc, the express intention while burning at the stake was to prove that she was really a woman: After her long penitential robe was set ablaze, the fire was deliberately held back in order to present her naked to the people - according to eyewitnesses.

Here is a beautiful vision of burning at the stake - it shows the witch after her clothes were burned...

Visions of burning at the stake.jpg

Last edited:
The idea was precisely that the fire would expose the witch at the stake!
The burning clothes falling down and completely exposing the victim - at least above and between the flames - while the victim screamed in pain and panic. This was even more spectacular for the observer than the witch being naked from the start.
In the case of Joan of Arc, the express intention while burning at the stake was to prove that she was really a woman: After her long penitential robe was set ablaze, the fire was deliberately held back in order to present her naked to the people - according to eyewitnesses.

Here is a beautiful vision of burning at the stake - it shows the witch after her clothes were burned...

View attachment 1497319
Yes, that happened. But I don’t think that the condemned stood naked at the stake. For them there were special shirts soaked in sulfur. Which burned well and their combustion caused multiple burns to the victim. Yes, it did not kill a person, but it caused severe suffering. Thick wood does not burn quickly and therefore burns the victim for a long time. And the shirt catches fire, and after 30...40 seconds it simply turns into ashes, leaving first and second degree burns. Thanks to the clothing, the victim initially receives multiple burn injuries. Then everything depends on how the fire built for the execution flares up.

Is that a cross-dressing priest in the grey frock on the left? I think they might be burning the wrong person. And what about all the unclean thoughts that must be going through all these clerics' minds. I know, we get more wood, and then a group of naked girls can burn the priests. I'd pay to see that. :devil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom