Erotic helplessness : a study of the history of the Damsel in Distress theme in art

Go to CruxDreams.com
Finally, found the time (4 hours !) to clean the folder "oldies". Inside thousands of pics, I selected about 300 , most of them should be unknown for a vast majority of members. Various themas, inquisition of course, propaganda, whippings, ancient, roman, Agatha, middle-orient, barbarians and so on. Here's a sample, the first load

62.jpg2019-07-15 (46).pngPalma_Giovane145.jpgtumblr_lw5jb91jfU1qfbon7o1_1280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, found the time (4 hours !) to clean the folder "oldies". Inside thousands of pics, I selected about 300 , most of them should be unknown for a vast majority of members. Various themas, inquisition of course, propaganda, whippings, ancient, roman, Agatha, middle-orient, barbarians and so on. Here's a sample, the first load

View attachment 1509829View attachment 1509830View attachment 1509832View attachment 1509833
Nice! I especially like the first one.

View attachment 1509829View attachment 1509830View attachment 1509832View attachment 1509833
Great initiative ! Here is number 2 in higher resolution...

Attachments

• labw-1-116449-1_1_11zon.jpg
    labw-1-116449-1_1_11zon.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 266
Great initiative ! Here is number 2 in higher resolution...
There's a striking similarity between that and J W Waterhouse's well-known 'Martyrdom of St Eulalia',

eulalia waterhouse.jpeg

maybe even more with his preliminary sketch, see here:

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/public-executions-in-the-arena.5032/post-636783

That painting was exhibited in 1885: I think Boutigny's picture is of an atrocity during the Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1? If so, I suppose it's just possible Waterhouse had seen it.

That painting was exhibited in 1885: I think Boutigny's picture is of an atrocity during the Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1? If so, I suppose it's just possible Waterhouse had seen it.
Hi, dear, nice idea, but the soldier fights during the "battle of the Marne" 1914-7,8,9 september which saved France. You were fooled because the French uniform ("garance" blue, red trousers) was the same as in 1870 at the start of the war and was quickly abandoned because it turned our men into ideal targets.
I have a story happening during this battle -:))))

Last edited:
Hi, dear, nice idea, but the soldier fights during the "battle of the Marne" 1914-7,8,9 september which saved France. You were fooled because the French uniform ("garance" blue, red trousers) was the same as in 1870 at the start of the war and was quickly abandoned because it turned our men into ideal targets.
I have a story happening during this battle -:))))
Thank you. Where can I read this story?

Back
Top Bottom