Erotic helplessness : a study of the history of the Damsel in Distress theme in art

Go to CruxDreams.com

The trial and Death Warrant read to Mary Queen of Scots in the Hall of Fotheringay Castle​

Attachments

• the-death-warrant-read-to-mary-queen-of-scots-1542-1587-engraving-by-john-corner-after-mather-...jpg
    the-death-warrant-read-to-mary-queen-of-scots-1542-1587-engraving-by-john-corner-after-mather-...jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 451
  • queen-of-scotland-mary-stuart-1542-1587-sentencing-death-engraving-F3WKDP.jpg
    queen-of-scotland-mary-stuart-1542-1587-sentencing-death-engraving-F3WKDP.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 273
  • trial-of-mary-queen-of-scots-fotheringay-castle-queen-of-scotland-ERGD91.jpg
    trial-of-mary-queen-of-scots-fotheringay-castle-queen-of-scotland-ERGD91.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 260
And do you have any information for me from whom the "third one" is or where you found it? A little reward waits...
As I wrote in a recent private similar question " absolutely sorry, there are years and years I collect pics, most of the time here and there one by one.
Totally unable to remember where I found ALL of them -:)

Detective mode engaged: The middle picture appears to be pro-Belgian and anti-German propaganda from The First World War. Although I have not seen this one before, there was a theme of showing invaded countries as naked crucified women, a great tradition which should be revived!

The picture is labelled "belgium-23" and there is a partly legible signature "P Cannere or Gannere" or similar. Try looking it up and see if there is more.

Edit: I tried but could not find anything else by this artist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom