Manips By Phlebas

Go to CruxDreams.com
I suppose it does give you the feeling of having hit the "big time", even if you are stuck on a cross. Take the good with the bad, I suppose. :confused::devil:

Hey everybody is entitled to their 15 minutes of fame. Besides a lot of famous people then screw it up by doing something stupid.

Let's face it, if your 15 minutes of fame is a good dance while dying on the cross you really don't get a chance to screw it up at a later date.

kisses

willowfall

Back to 2012, and into 2013, another productive year

ph164 I liked the body, gave it a new head and face, and a background, I think it works.
ph165 Playing around with nude beaches and public punishments
ph166 } The following are pictures playing with classical style paintings, I really
ph167 } liked the way they came out
ph168 } Taking this to the next step, and putting them in
ph169 } a gallery
Extraordinary work - I love the museum settings - really classic and the variety both male and female
ph170 } I liked how these turned out as well
ph171 These two are variations
ph172 on a public crucifixion, or a realistic passion play
ph173 The Romans failed to catch the pirates, but they found and punished their women

View attachment 895753View attachment 895754View attachment 895755View attachment 895756View attachment 895757View attachment 895758View attachment 895759View attachment 895760View attachment 895762View attachment 895761

Extraordinary work - I love the museum settings - really classic and the variety both male and female

Thank you.

I have long planned a work based around Alexander the Great's mass crucifixion of defenders on the beach at Tyre when he took the city after a difficult siege. I did quite a lot of prep work last year, and a recent post on the forum brought it back to mind.

So, here is a teaser, a silhouette version which gives some sense of what the finished version may look like if I ever complete and post it! Mostly men of course, but there are some women in there too, some led to slavery, some lamenting the fate of their men, and some on crosses (they probably took up arms as the enemy breached the walls, and have paid the price).

There are 35 crucified and 9 non crucified figures altogether
ph411.jpg

Thank you.

I have long planned a work based around Alexander the Great's mass crucifixion of defenders on the beach at Tyre when he took the city after a difficult siege. I did quite a lot of prep work last year, and a recent post on the forum brought it back to mind.

So, here is a teaser, a silhouette version which gives some sense of what the finished version may look like if I ever complete and post it! Mostly men of course, but there are some women in there too, some led to slavery, some lamenting the fate of their men, and some on crosses (they probably took up arms as the enemy breached the walls, and have paid the price).

View attachment 1088253
A real teaser! Looks promising!

Thank you.

View attachment 1088253
An excellent teaser, as Lox said. I will look forward to seeing the finished product - a story like this deserves a picture. Mind you, the silhouette version is pretty good already. :)

I do wonder about the tactics and philosophy though. I suppose Alex was trying to suggest that you should not put up a defense, because look what happens when you fight us - we'll crucify the lot of you. You wouldn't want that would you?

But at some point, when you've decided, as a city, to defend the walls, and fight on the beaches, and not surrender, you might as well know that if you survive and surrender, you get crucified. In that sense, you might think that the defense of the city would be more fierce, and people would be more interested in fighting to the death, knowing there was no hope in surrender. Alexander might just have been making more trouble for himself here.

:smash2::smash2::smash2::smash2::smash2: - There. That "Moore-cenary" thing is painful. :D
By Jove, Jollyrei, you've cracked the mystery! :)

The good citizens of Tyre surrended, went out to Alex, and said "We never stood a chance, Alexander, you were Great! Though it grates to have to say so."

And so he crucified the lot of them, not because they were lousy defenders, but because they were lousy punners. ;)

I suppose the Tyrians hired you as a Moore-cenary :doh:

Beware of conquerors, Monty! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

An excellent teaser, as Lox said. I will look forward to seeing the finished product - a story like this deserves a picture. Mind you, the silhouette version is pretty good already. :)

I do wonder about the tactics and philosophy though. I suppose Alex was trying to suggest that you should not put up a defense, because look what happens when you fight us - we'll crucify the lot of you. You wouldn't want that would you?

But at some point, when you've decided, as a city, to defend the walls, and fight on the beaches, and not surrender, you might as well know that if you survive and surrender, you get crucified. In that sense, you might think that the defense of the city would be more fierce, and people would be more interested in fighting to the death, knowing there was no hope in surrender. Alexander might just have been making more trouble for himself here.

It's the one time he did it, I suppose the message was that he treated other cities well when they surrendered to him, but he was hard on those who resisted.

I would have been one of those women :)

Aha, this is the missing ingredient!
The Moore-cenary
phBarbMerc.jpg

Taken by the Macedonians, she receives her final payment of services rendered to Tyre
Barb-09.jpg

then enjoys the sea breeze on her tight little
BarbCrux21_03_1.jpg

she would doubtless have attracted the attention of Alexander himself.
barb crux 24 c.jpgt4xh97kJjJm9WUk0vcWyhpl0OZHNoW36iW-p-GzKCvlsdr-RHhhDxrbampBp40MhUNt8thJC3-7UBXGeyodRCasg8fX17z...jpg

Hmm, I might add her to the final work. Even work up a little side story for her, it's very tempting :)

It's the one time he did it, I suppose the message was that he treated other cities well when they surrendered to him, but he was hard on those who resisted.

Aha, this is the missing ingredient!
The Moore-cenary
View attachment 1088644

Taken by the Macedonians, she receives her final payment of services rendered to Tyre
View attachment 1088638

then enjoys the sea breeze on her tight little
View attachment 1088639

she would doubtless have attracted the attention of Alexander himself.
View attachment 1088640View attachment 1088641

Hmm, I might add her to the final work. Even work up a little side story for her, it's very tempting :)
loving this, Phleb. Alexander is much Moore handsome than I might have imagined, But that pic of me in full battle dress is a winner! I look quite formidable, don’t I!

Back
Top Bottom