Manips By Phlebas

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thank you Jolly. I'm sure the ladies will retire to a suitably shady spot to watch him gasp out his last hours in the merciless sun, and they will enjoy every minute of it.

Doing a bit of catching up, here are some random manips of recent months. I find I'm doing a lot for personal interest rather than public consumption at the moment.

Playing around with flames and effects here. Two male heretics meet there end, original figures by Homoeros
View attachment 1124965View attachment 1124966

Ah, young love meets a tragic end, it's the same through the ages
View attachment 1124970View attachment 1124971
I want to see what happens after that last one...do the two naked lovers, members of the opposite sex, end up on the crosses behind them...?

Thank you Phlebas! Exeptionally not a German firing squad.

Maybe the couple are German spies :)

I have a fondness for the idea of the 'authentic", nude passion play, and Lent and DFG's thread here have got me thinking again.

Thinking and manip-ing. I really should write a story about this myself, maybe the manips will inspire something. Anyway, here are some of my doodles on the topic, variations on a theme.

Here are variations on late 19th century Oberammergau. Nude central figure, all nude male, all nude female, male flanked by women, woman flanked by men.
ph425.jpgph428.jpgph429.jpgph430.jpgph431.jpg

Imagine a modern church that emphasises the feminine nature of the divine. They might well play out an Easter tableau which uses a young female member of the community as a focus for their worship.
ph426.jpg

This could perhaps be one of @dfg42 's church plays, an older man and his two sons giving everything to this crucifixion scene
ph427.jpg

Or perhaps a mother and her two sons. She is removing the last item before mounting her cross, while one son is embarrassed by his transgressive yet natural reaction to the situation, naked in front of his nude mother and the congregation. This is always the danger of nude passion plays.
ph432.jpg

No such embarrassment in this one, where a mother shares the experience with her two adult daughters. Why should there be shame in such a healthy display, and yet to be so exposed, in front of the community. The crucifix behind them suggests that this is another church that honours the divine feminine. And why not?
ph433.jpg

Thank you for indulging my experiments on this topic, I hope at least some of these will spark a personal reaction :)

Imagine a modern church that emphasises the feminine nature of the divine. They might well play out an Easter tableau which uses a young female member of the community as a focus for their worship.
ph426.jpg
Interesting that you should raise this scenario as it was one of my personal fantasies many years ago back in my church going days.

Yes, surprising that more churches haven't tried it in these days of reduced attendance. :D
Finding someone crazy enough to be willing to get up there and do it (now that I am no longer a church goer) might be one reason why? :rolleyes:

Finding someone crazy enough to be willing to get up there and do it (now that I am no longer a church goer) might be one reason why? :rolleyes:
Yes, it's a bit tricky getting your kit off and hanging on a cross naked in front of all the people you maybe went to Sunday School with as you were growing up (and their parents).

Maybe the couple are German spies :)

I have a fondness for the idea of the 'authentic", nude passion play, and Lent and DFG's thread here have got me thinking again.

Thinking and manip-ing. I really should write a story about this myself, maybe the manips will inspire something. Anyway, here are some of my doodles on the topic, variations on a theme.

Here are variations on late 19th century Oberammergau. Nude central figure, all nude male, all nude female, male flanked by women, woman flanked by men.
View attachment 1147369View attachment 1147366View attachment 1147368View attachment 1147367View attachment 1147365

Thank you for indulging my experiments on this topic, I hope at least some of these will spark a personal reaction :)
I think #3 and #5 are the best ones... I don't know why!

I know @dfg42 has a like for family crucifixion, which is less my thing. I would rather think of people who know each other, but are no family, and who are no volunteers, but forced (pentitence, punished,..). Hence, there will be more a sense of humiliation in the scenery. (Now, I would not protest, if the 'mother' would be hangining on my right hand side!:rolleyes:

F0085A35-0900-42B7-92E6-CB5A01F40902.jpeg

It wasn’t an easy decision to make. Even though I had long imagined myself doing it … imagined myself naked and suffering on that cross. And then the opportunity arose. The church had a new charismatic leader, who believed the Faith had badly neglected over the centuries the need for gender equity.

So the call went out. This year as the holy season approached and the congregation re-enacted the passion, it would be a female congregant up on that cross!

I debated whether I should offer myself to the cause. There were many reasons why i shouldn’t. I’d be nude in front of everyone, friends, family, strangers. It could be quite humiliating, not to mention painful … hanging up there through three consecutive services.

And there had been talk this year of paying more attention to realism. Someone even suggested using nails. Luckily that was voted down.

And then there was competition too. There would be other women willing to be selected. What if I wasn’t chosen? How would I feel? Relieved? Disappointment?

Anyway, I decided to throw caution to the winds. I volunteered myself to the cross.

And … well … see for yourself. I’m in that picture.

Back
Top Bottom