My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
@Loinclothslave Only an Australian group could possibly be called Spiderbait...and here is Black Betty..it's good!

2 years ago
So, an african woman named Betty walked into the store and asked if they had beef The Butcher replied "No, Black Betty Ham or Lamb".................don't blame me for that joke!
Here's the original from years ago...
The video from Spiderbait looks fine, but I definitely like the original from Ram Jam more. (My god did our hairstyles really look like this back then?)

My hair was pretty much a disaster through most of the 80s :(
No matter what I did to it, it just ended up going back to its natural shape so although I always wanted big, voluminous hair, I only did that a few times because that was WAY too much effort to maintain. For much of the 80s I wore a Debbie Gibson whale-spout style, even though it wasn't my favourite look but it was simple to create and to maintain, and I'm basically lazy :)

Then when I was 17, I got with a girl who was a hairdresser and finally I could experiment with different looks, ranging from the demure (Believe me, I was never demure LOL) to the ridiculous, but that was a fun time, although by nature, my hair would never stay set for long in any particular style, always reverting back to its usual boring look.

I experimented with wearing it up, which looked nice but maybe didn't really suit me at the time, and even cutting it short when I was 13, which one of my teachers said made me look like a lesbian (errr, hello.... ????)

I grew it really long in my early 20s, but I very quickly learned about the horrors of matted knots and split ends :(

These days it's almost exclusively a shoulder-length bob which is low maintenance and looks pretty good (most of the time)

I have been known to get a shaggy perm for special occasions, like going to weddings or other events, but there haven't been too many of those this past couple of years and in any case, it just ends up as a tangled horror show after a couple of days anyway :)

This render is not a perfect likeness, but it's pretty close to how I look these days;
DP_Test Render Dec2019.jpg

Q: What's the best thing about CGI rendering?
A: It easily knocks at least ten years off you by not showing up all those pesky lines :)

My taste of music might be a bit weird. About 90% of my collection is either heavy rock music or soundtrack music.

This means I enjoy listening to stuff like this...

...just as much as this:

My taste of music might be a bit weird. About 90% of my collection is either heavy rock music or soundtrack music.

This means I enjoy listening to stuff like this...

...just as much as this:
Weird is good (and very subjective of course)

I also listen to rock and soundtracks, and pretty much all kinds of music (except rap, which I find extremely boring and obnoxious)

If it's weirdness you want, The KLF probably have you covered;

And this unlikely collaboration with Tammy Wynette;

Yeah the KLF certainly knew how to do weird music videos, but then U96 came along and said "Hold my beer..."

OK It's not the best song from the 90s, but the video does have definite BDSM overtones (This is what the Borg would have looked like, had they been assimilated by the House Of Gord :) ), and it has a deliciously cute gothy girl in a cage, so what's not to like? :p

If it's weirdness you want, The KLF probably have you covered;

And this unlikely collaboration with Tammy Wynette;

Yeah the KLF certainly knew how to do weird music videos, but then U96 came along and said "Hold my beer..."

This is the kind of videos that you don't just find. Videos like these find YOU :D

Another weird one:

Another weird one:
OK that's more weird than even most of my collection of music videos :)

This one is still weird 30 years on though...

Ahh the glory days of early 90's MTV - back when MTV actually played music videos...

How about a bit weird, a bit kinky, and musically unique?

I miss Lux Interior, a shame Poison Ivy Rorsarch doesn’t play anymore, she shredded that rhythm guitar in a unique style…. A strange mix of classic rock n roll, surf style rock, punk, with sexy lyrics to create a new sub genre of rock.

It can only be The Cramps, The guitar work on “Hot Pearl Smash” always gets me. If you like this, try the whole “A Date With Elvis” album - there’s even a couple of rare tracks with Ivy singing!

I just finished my mandatory yearly re-watch of "Gladiator". Although historically almost completely incorrect, there's a lot of epic scenes and even more epic scores in the movie. But the one scene that always gets me is at the very end when Juba stands all alone in the Colosseum and says: "We'll met again, brother. But not yet. Not yet!" ... And then the screen fades to the credits and "Now We are Free" starts playing.

Back
Top Bottom