My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nobody has pinched my number 1 yet so here it is . The uncensored version of Fairytale of New York. Xmas just isn't Xmas without this.
"uncensored"?
Sounds the same as the version I know...
WTF?

"uncensored"?
Sounds the same as the version I know...
WTF?
For years the BBC have only played the censored version. They said "The line 'you cheap lousy faggott' will now be heard on BBC Radio 1 as 'you're cheap and you're haggard'." also "slut" was muted out. They claim that it was nothing to do with LGBTQ+ but with concern for younger people listening. Radio Sheffield only plays the "cleaned" up version. It's hardly surprising bearing in mind the influence that LGBT etc has on the BBC

For years the BBC have only played the censored version. They said "The line 'you cheap lousy faggott' will now be heard on BBC Radio 1 as 'you're cheap and you're haggard'." also "slut" was muted out. They claim that it was nothing to do with LGBTQ+ but with concern for younger people listening. Radio Sheffield only plays the "cleaned" up version. It's hardly surprising bearing in mind the influence that LGBT etc has on the BBC
Didn't you just know it would be those pathetic neo-communist snowflakes at the BBC that would have something to do with it...

The thing is, that the term "faggot" has never really been a slur in the UK. In America maybe, where they don't know what a faggot actually is (they're definitely missing out on a good traditional British delicacy there)

640x640.jpeg

It's weird because, as a member of the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ+_*/ whatever community, I don't feel that the useless cucks at the BBC represent me in the slightest - just the same way that I've never met a feminist who I thought represnts me at all - in fact they all seem to represent the opposite of me - angry, lonely, entitled, narcississtic etc...

Whenever any of that lot has anything to say to me, I just tell them "this is real life now, not fucking twit-twat" :)

I will never forgive them for what they did to Dr Who. There isn't a punishment on this Forum that comes anywhere near what i would like to do to the people responsible for ruining it.
I agree with you 100%. In fact the only tv show that I watched for years was Dr Who, and after the first few episodes of Jodie Whittaker's run, I stopped watching tv altogether, and went online to fill in the form to cancel my tv licence, after which I received an email to the effect of "thank you for telling us that you no longer need a tv licence - we will not contact you by email or by letter for the duration of your declaration period"

They lied of course, and within a week I started receiving the threatening letters - I have a good collection of them now, as they send a new one with a new threat every 4 weeks without fail, but the best thing to do is just ignore them (keep them though as evidence - along with the email telling you that they won't send any letters). Don't let yourself be intimidated by these clowns - even if they send out one of their "enforcement officers" to visit your home - you do NOT have to let them in - they have ZERO powers of entry and they are only there to try to con you into buying a tv licence - they are nothing but door-to-door salesmen, and very often use extremely underhand tactics.

Given the opportunity, they WILL stitch you up, so don't let them in. If they knock your door, shut the door and ask them to leave. Or just tell them to fuck off - that's a perfectly valid tactic too.

If anyone in the UK wants to cancel their tv licence then I would sujjest that they check out Chilli Jon Carne's Youtube channel, which has masses of useful info, along with breakdowns of a lot of the unscrupulous tactics these goons use;

#defundtheBBC

It should go without saying that you shouldn't cancel your licence and then continue to watch tv - that's illegal (yeah I know that's stupid but the law is an ass right?) but if you genuinely don't watch tv (3 years and counting now) then go for it, but do prepared to receive some very threatening letters of the sort of thing that would get you or I locked up if we sent this kind of correspondence to people - there IS such a thing as the Malicious Communications Act, but since the tv licence is collected by a private company that just happens to be owned by a number of government ministers (Capita), they seem to be able to get away with it. What a bunch of arseholes...

If you do not have a valid tv licence, you can NOT;

1. watch or record any live tv broadcast as it's being transmitted (except CCTV - although some goons don't seem to know this)
2. use BBC iplayer (though you need a BBC account for that anyway, and they DO log your activity along with your IP address)

If you do not have a valid tv licence, you can still;

1. watch catch-up tv services (except BBC iplayer)
2. use NowTV streaming services
3. use a YouView catch-up tv box
4. Watch Youtube (despite what Capita's door-to-door goons tell you - Youtube does NOT require a tv licence)
5. watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+ etc and other non-BBC streaming services

And probably a hell of a lot more besides - ChilliJonCarne has way more info on this than I can tell you

Also, despite what many people believe - you do NOT need a tv licence to own or operate a tv - only to receive live tv broadcasts and use BBC iplayer

And finally one last point that many people get wrong - if you care caught watching tv without a licence, you could end up in court and be faced with a £1000 fine (most are less than this but £1000 is the maximum available)

You CAN NOT be sent to prison for watching tv without a valid tv licence, however, failing to pay the fine imposed by the court CAN result in a custodial sentence, because at that point you are basically in defiance of a court order.

Anyway I hope this clears up this deliberately vague subject for people in the UK who still have to suffer the indignities of paying the national broadcaster to insult you with an endless stream of dubious journalism and extremist far-left propaganda...

So getting back to the original matter, yeah, for what the BBC did to Dr Who, they can all rot and burn in hell...

Thanks for that DP. I was beginning to think that I was the only one getting upset at what certain writers, producers and the like were doing to an institution that I had grown up with and had always respected. Sadly it isn't just the UK that has been affected over the recent years by first the PC brigade followed by LGBT...etc. Anyway I'd like to get back to music to cheer myself up so I'm going to post the rest of my top ten Xmas songs shortly. Please do continue with yours.

I agree with you 100%. In fact the only tv show that I watched for years was Dr Who, and after the first few episodes of Jodie Whittaker's run, I stopped watching tv altogether, and went online to fill in the form to cancel my tv licence, after which I received an email to the effect of "thank you for telling us that you no longer need a tv licence - we will not contact you by email or by letter for the duration of your declaration period"

They lied of course, and within a week I started receiving the threatening letters - I have a good collection of them now, as they send a new one with a new threat every 4 weeks without fail, but the best thing to do is just ignore them (keep them though as evidence - along with the email telling you that they won't send any letters). Don't let yourself be intimidated by these clowns - even if they send out one of their "enforcement officers" to visit your home - you do NOT have to let them in - they have ZERO powers of entry and they are only there to try to con you into buying a tv licence - they are nothing but door-to-door salesmen, and very often use extremely underhand tactics.

Given the opportunity, they WILL stitch you up, so don't let them in. If they knock your door, shut the door and ask them to leave. Or just tell them to fuck off - that's a perfectly valid tactic too.

If anyone in the UK wants to cancel their tv licence then I would sujjest that they check out Chilli Jon Carne's Youtube channel, which has masses of useful info, along with breakdowns of a lot of the unscrupulous tactics these goons use;

#defundtheBBC

It should go without saying that you shouldn't cancel your licence and then continue to watch tv - that's illegal (yeah I know that's stupid but the law is an ass right?) but if you genuinely don't watch tv (3 years and counting now) then go for it, but do prepared to receive some very threatening letters of the sort of thing that would get you or I locked up if we sent this kind of correspondence to people - there IS such a thing as the Malicious Communications Act, but since the tv licence is collected by a private company that just happens to be owned by a number of government ministers (Capita), they seem to be able to get away with it. What a bunch of arseholes...

If you do not have a valid tv licence, you can NOT;

1. watch or record any live tv broadcast as it's being transmitted (except CCTV - although some goons don't seem to know this)
2. use BBC iplayer (though you need a BBC account for that anyway, and they DO log your activity along with your IP address)

If you do not have a valid tv licence, you can still;

1. watch catch-up tv services (except BBC iplayer)
2. use NowTV streaming services
3. use a YouView catch-up tv box
4. Watch Youtube (despite what Capita's door-to-door goons tell you - Youtube does NOT require a tv licence)
5. watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+ etc and other non-BBC streaming services

And probably a hell of a lot more besides - ChilliJonCarne has way more info on this than I can tell you

Also, despite what many people believe - you do NOT need a tv licence to own or operate a tv - only to receive live tv broadcasts and use BBC iplayer

And finally one last point that many people get wrong - if you care caught watching tv without a licence, you could end up in court and be faced with a £1000 fine (most are less than this but £1000 is the maximum available)

You CAN NOT be sent to prison for watching tv without a valid tv licence, however, failing to pay the fine imposed by the court CAN result in a custodial sentence, because at that point you are basically in defiance of a court order.

Anyway I hope this clears up this deliberately vague subject for people in the UK who still have to suffer the indignities of paying the national broadcaster to insult you with an endless stream of dubious journalism and extremist far-left propaganda...

So getting back to the original matter, yeah, for what the BBC did to Dr Who, they can all rot and burn in hell...
Mmmmm ... Is it just me, or do others find the notion of paying for the crap the TV presents us with, on it's broadband 'all or nothing' model, just a tad dated in an online content world.

Here in the Land of Oz we don't have TV licences, or any form of taxpayer/viewer tax/supplementary payment, to pay for public or private broadcasters. The government makes some bucks by selling/licencing the broadcast wireless spectrum to TV broadcasters, amongst others ... who charge a diminishing pool of advertisers to broadcast content.

Amazon, Netflix, Apple and others are taking over from cable providers like FoxTel ... allowing the consumer to pick and choose from a much wider pool of content, and the occasional viewing gem.

For mine, the UK government needs to move with the times ... charging a TV licence in the current environment is just plain silly, and public broadcasters like the BBC should be funded from general revenue (your normal tax dollars) as a matter of course.

And as a side note ... for mine TV started to go to hell when they embraced 'reality TV'. From there it all went downhill. FAST.

Mmmmm ... Is it just me, or do others find the notion of paying for the crap the TV presents us with, on it's broadband 'all or nothing' model, just a tad dated in an online content world.

Here in the Land of Oz we don't have TV licences, or any form of taxpayer/viewer tax/supplementary payment, to pay for public or private broadcasters. The government makes some bucks by selling/licencing the broadcast wireless spectrum to TV broadcasters, amongst others ... who charge a diminishing pool of advertisers to broadcast content.

Amazon, Netflix, Apple and others are taking over from cable providers like FoxTel ... allowing the consumer to pick and choose from a much wider pool of content, and the occasional viewing gem.

For mine, the UK government needs to move with the times ... charging a TV licence in the current environment is just plain silly, and public broadcasters like the BBC should be funded from general revenue (your normal tax dollars) as a matter of course.

And as a side note ... for mine TV started to go to hell when they embraced 'reality TV'. From there it all went downhill. FAST.
Everything on broadcast tv these days is just crap - endless soaps, gameshows, reality shit and leftist propaganda - totally worthless even if it was free, let alone having to pay for it.

The government should force the BBC to compete in the same commercial marketplace as its competitors (for those who are not aware of this, the tv licence goes ONLY to the BBC (with the government taking a generous cut of course - hence their reluctance to get rid of it). The commercial TV channels don't get a penny of it, yet even if you only watch those, you still have to pay the BBC

Research has shown that among the under 40s, more people in the UK now get their entertainment and information from streaming, with Netflix and Youtube being the biggest players

TV viewing, in the traditional sense, is rapidly becoming an old peoples' passtime, at least in the UK, and has decreased on average by over 50% in the past ten years

And yes, reality TV was the beginning of the end for traditional TV

Anyway, as Melissa said, let's get this thread back on topic :)

Back
Top Bottom