Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Okay it's now past midnight. So I can show what those car manufacturers did during the WW2.
@Heinuedo got it right despite getting #1 & #2 the wrong way round....( Thanks @wulf )
Messerschmitt-Bf109-Fighter-1.jpgdownload.jpeg-4.jpgCR42_Falco.jpgdownload.jpeg-5.jpg

Okay it's now past midnight. So I can show what those car manufacturers did during the WW2.
@Heinuedo got it right despite getting #1 & #2 the wrong way round....( Thanks @wulf )
View attachment 1280506View attachment 1280507View attachment 1280508View attachment 1280509

Also of note were the manufacturers of nearly all of the engines used in Luftwaffe aircraft.

Daimler Benz; produced liquid cooled engines for all the Bf109 fighters, as well as many other types. Know today as Mercedes Benz.

BMW; produced radial engines for the FW190 A fighters and other aircraft types. Still known today as BMW

Junkers; produced liquid cooled engines For the FW190D fighter aircraft and other types as well. Junkers merged with Heinkel & Messerschmitt after the war.

View attachment 1280508View attachment 1280509
#1 The Fiat CR 42 fighter plane was still used in World War II and was even used in the Battle of Britain. While not as good as the Me 109 or the Focke Wulf FW190 with her BMW engine, they had a longer range.
#2 The Mitsubishi A6M Zero was a carrier-based aircraft that was used, among other things, in the attack on Pearl Harbor.

#1 The Fiat CR 42 fighter plane was still used in World War II and was even used in the Battle of Britain. While not as good as the Me 109 or the Focke Wulf FW190 with her BMW engine, they had a longer range.
#2 The Mitsubishi A6M Zero was a carrier-based aircraft that was used, among other things, in the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Absolutely......

And now a completely different topic
Adorable-Teens.net_ATB_7147__1291_.jpg ftv-girls-aubrey-and-mary-creek.jpg tumblr_d948c0e5a2a282de685db1fe79a12e8c_c0f3cedc_540.jpg tumblr_faa8310ceb787d19e5318b791422e3d6_07237516_540.jpg tumblr_pmvrisi8Ng1qbxdmuo1_128.jpg

Adorable-Teens.net_ATB_7147__1291_.jpg
Three girls in a tub … rub a dub dub

For my wedding gift, my spouse booked us a flight on a B-17 bomber. At the YAF museum there you can take a flight on the B-17 or a B-25 bomber. Sitting in the bombardier seat was quite a thrill.

052310debruce.jpgil_794xN.2414374416_5cf9.jpgvictoria_sweet_10_by_necromensrea_d5nbbrg-fullview.jpgwindow_of_sunlight_by_artofdanphotography_dc2r8c9-fullview.jpgweird-unusual-cars-wooden.jpg

#1 is the DeBruce elevator explosion in Wichita Kansas, June 1998. I was at work in Wichita that day. My shop was several miles away from it, but I still heard and felt the rumble of it. The structure was heavily damaged throughout its over half mile length. 7 people died that day.
Lesson: wheat dust is explosive.

#1 is the DeBruce elevator explosion in Wichita Kansas, June 1998. I was at work in Wichita that day. My shop was several miles away from it, but I still heard and felt the rumble of it. The structure was heavily damaged throughout its over half mile length. 7 people died that day.
Lesson: wheat dust is explosive.
There's a very good documentary about that incident on the Plainly Difficult Youtube channel;

For my wedding gift, my spouse booked us a flight on a B-17 bomber. At the YAF museum there you can take a flight on the B-17 or a B-25 bomber. Sitting in the bombardier seat was quite a thrill.
The ball turret would have given you a thrill too, if it had been allowed.
View attachment 1280796
My dad was a navigator on a B-29. In his later years he got to take a flight on a B-17. He could not believe how cold and crude the B-17 was compared to his plane...

Back
Top Bottom