Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
My grandmother had a Singer machine identical to this one.
View attachment 1281431
Once you worked the treadle and got the flywheel spinning, it would keep running for a little while from the inertia. Being mechanically connected to the flywheel the treadle would keep going in its up & down motion. If you weren't careful, you could get your feet and toes under the edge of the treadle and have them rather painfully pinched or smashed.
Don't ask how I know that. :roto2palm:
Tree has one downstairs... it still works!!!

Then I want to see if that's correct?
#1 Beardmore Inflexible AV1 bomber of 1917 (prototype)
#2 Bristol XLRQ- Amphibious Cargo Glider
#3 Budd RB1 US Airforce transport aircraft
#4 Dassault Mirage IV fighter
#5 Hawker Cygnet light aircraft
:eek: :eek: My GOD...you ARE good !! Well done !!

My grandmother had a Singer machine identical to this one.
View attachment 1281431
Once you worked the treadle and got the flywheel spinning, it would keep running for a little while from the inertia. Being mechanically connected to the flywheel the treadle would keep going in its up & down motion. If you weren't careful, you could get your feet and toes under the edge of the treadle and have them rather painfully pinched or smashed.
Don't ask how I know that. :roto2palm:
Mine grandma was have singer too but later was give it to lady who was cleaning her house also this machine took much space

nT_q76gu571172iv0n43jvkkrka.jpg
PC Barb Moore, reporting for duty, SUH!

I’d like to lodge a couple complaints, if I may, SUH.

My hat doesn’t fit and my uniform hasn’t arrived, SUH.

#1 kinda looks like a turreted version of the TBD Devastator that were shot down in droves at Midway. Slow AF and a sitting duck without fighter cover.
Put it this way...it was probably just as bad. !!

Right....time for another of Baracus' obscure Aircraft posts.... bonus points if you get any form of connection. ;) ;)
View attachment 1281605View attachment 1281606View attachment 1281607View attachment 1281608View attachment 1281609
So, let' see
#1 Breda Ba.65, Italian ground attack aircraft from 1935. Unfortunately somewhat underpowered with the Fiat engine.
#2 Brewster XA32, United States, attack aircraft with internal bomb bay. First flight 1943, only as a prototype
#3 Boulton Paul, P 3 Boblink from 1918, British, prototype only
#4 Bloch MB.480, a French twin-engined torpedo-bomber/reconnaissance floatplane, only two were build
#5 Berijew MBR2, Soviet multi-purpose (including reconnaissance) flying boat from 1931, Since the planned Russian engine did not work, BMW engines were installed

So, let' see
#1 Breda Ba.65, Italian ground attack aircraft from 1935. Unfortunately somewhat underpowered with the Fiat engine.
#2 Brewster XA32, United States, attack aircraft with internal bomb bay. First flight 1943, only as a prototype
#3 Boulton Paul, P 3 Boblink from 1918, British, prototype only
#4 Bloch MB.480, a French twin-engined torpedo-bomber/reconnaissance floatplane, only two were build
#5 Berijew MBR2, Soviet multi-purpose (including reconnaissance) flying boat from 1931, Since the planned Russian engine did not work, BMW engines were installed
You get the prize, @Heineudo - they are all failed prototypes aren't they, @Baracus ?

Well, the Breda Ba.65 was used as a ground attack aircraft in the Spanish Civil War and later in North Africa against British troops, and the Beriev MBR2 was in service until the end of WW2, about 900 were built.
Oh. :confused:

Beyond that they all begin with a B, like Baracus, I'm beaten. :confused:

You get the prize, @Heineudo - they are all failed prototypes aren't they, @Baracus ?
Well three of them are... First and last saw some service. (see above...)
Nah I linked them by the letter 'B'... pathetic really Lol :p :D :facepalm:
Well done @Heineudo yet again. !!:clapping:

Back
Top Bottom