Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
#4 Beechcraft T-42A
I was about to name it as a Beechcraft Baron 55 - until I found out that the T42 is just the military version of the Baron 55, so essentially the same aircraft :)

I was about to name it as a Beechcraft Baron 55 - until I found out that the T42 is just the military version of the Baron 55, so essentially the same aircraft :)
I was familiar with the military version but didn't know the civilian equivalent, so thanks for that. Beechcraft (now Raytheon or whoever the newest owner is) is a hometown product for me. Lots of folks around here worked there and still do.

#1 Bellanca 77-140
The Bellanca 77-140 was a bomber aircraft built in small numbers in the United States in the 1930s. It was a derivative of Bellanca's successful Aircruiser civil transport in which the Aircruiser's single, nose-mounted engine was replaced by twin engines on the upper wing. The United States military were not interested in the type, but
the Colombian Airforce bought a small number.

#2 British Aircraft B.A.IV Double Eagle
The British Aircraft B.A.IV Double Eagle was a British twin-engined six-seater monoplane designed and built by the British Aircraft Manufacturing Company of
London Air Park, Hanworth, England. It first flew from Hanworth on 3 July 1936

#3 Vickers 131 Valiant,
The Vickers Type 131 Valiant was a British general-purpose biplane produced by Vickersin 1927, with the intention of replacing the Royal Air Force's Airco 9.DH9 As but was unsuccessful, with only a single example built, which was sold to Chile.

#4 You were absolutely right, it's a Beechcraft Baron 55
The Baron 95-B55 was used by the US Army and the Turkish Armed Forces under the designation T-42A Cochise.

#5 Zmaj-R1
Twin-engined bomber made by the Yugoslav aircraft manufacturer Zmaj in Zemun. The machine was intended for use as a bomber, reconnaissance aircraft and destroyer. In 1940 a prototype was built; the Second World War, which also included Yugoslavia in 1941, prevented further development.
The R-1 was powered by two 14-cylinder Hispano-Suiza 14AB double radial engines, each with 670 hp, and was designed in mixed construction; the machine reached a top speed of 450 km/h at an altitude of 4,000 meters.

@Heineudo .4/5
Remarkably you managed to get one wrong. :eek:
The Aircraft so identified as the Vickers 131 Valiant* is actually the sole Blackburn BT-1 Beagle.
1434664165760.jpg1200px-BlackburnBeagle.jpg
In your defence those planes  do look remarkably similar,especially from a certain frontal angle...
*( not to be confused with the other Vickers Valiant B1...)
download.jpeg-4.jpg
But well done nevertheless....

Well, then the solution:
#1 Fiat cinquecento 500

#2 Tatra 603 from 1960

#3 Volkswagen Type 82 Kübelwagen

#4 BMW Isetta 300, year of production 1957, police vehicle

This Isetta was used as a police vehicle in Cologne and later in Bergisch-Gladbach until 1968.

#5 The Lohner-Porsche mixed hybrid (sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Löhner-Porsche) was the first gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle.

It was developed by Ferdinand Porsche in the Lohner works.

To those you didn't know:
Tatra 603, Czech luxury car with air-cooled rear engine, built from 1956
Technical specifications:
Length: 4975mm.
Width: 1895mm.
Total height: 1530mm.
Wheelbase: 2750mm.
Front track width: 1485 mm.
Rear track width: 1400 mm.
Ground clearance: 200mm.
Engine: 8-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-engine with OHV valve control, air-cooled (two axial cooling fans, two oil coolers)

Lohner Porsche from 1899 with hybrid all-wheel drive developed by Ferdinand Porsche
In the same year, Porsche also developed the world's first purely electric car
Both were built in the "k.u.k. Hofwagenfabrik Ludwig Lohner & Co." built in Vienna. After all, the hybrid car already reached 37 km/h.
There he developed the electric wheel hub motor. In 1900, the first Lohner-Porsche electric vehicle with this innovation was presented at the world exhibition in Paris. With 2 x 2.5 hp, it reaches a top speed of 37 km/h. Lohner's reason for having a vehicle with an electric motor sounds as relevant today as it did back then, especially in relation to the era of mass motorization: the air is being "mercilessly spoiled by the large number of petrol engines". You see, electric cars are not such a new invention.

And this police vehicle was actually used in Germany. With this, the police officers could then stage high-speed chases on the freeway. At 87.1 km/h according to the manufacturer. :r:

Well, then the solution:
#1 Fiat cinquecento 500

#2 Tatra 603 from 1960

#3 Volkswagen Type 82 Kübelwagen

#4 BMW Isetta 300, year of production 1957, police vehicle

This Isetta was used as a police vehicle in Cologne and later in Bergisch-Gladbach until 1968.

#5 The Lohner-Porsche mixed hybrid (sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Löhner-Porsche) was the first gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle.

It was developed by Ferdinand Porsche in the Lohner works.

To those you didn't know:
Tatra 603, Czech luxury car with air-cooled rear engine, built from 1956
Technical specifications:
Length: 4975mm.
Width: 1895mm.
Total height: 1530mm.
Wheelbase: 2750mm.
Front track width: 1485 mm.
Rear track width: 1400 mm.
Ground clearance: 200mm.
Engine: 8-cylinder, 4-stroke, V-engine with OHV valve control, air-cooled (two axial cooling fans, two oil coolers)

Lohner Porsche from 1899 with hybrid all-wheel drive developed by Ferdinand Porsche
In the same year, Porsche also developed the world's first purely electric car
Both were built in the "k.u.k. Hofwagenfabrik Ludwig Lohner & Co." built in Vienna. After all, the hybrid car already reached 37 km/h.
There he developed the electric wheel hub motor. In 1900, the first Lohner-Porsche electric vehicle with this innovation was presented at the world exhibition in Paris. With 2 x 2.5 hp, it reaches a top speed of 37 km/h. Lohner's reason for having a vehicle with an electric motor sounds as relevant today as it did back then, especially in relation to the era of mass motorization: the air is being "mercilessly spoiled by the large number of petrol engines". You see, electric cars are not such a new invention.

And this police vehicle was actually used in Germany. With this, the police officers could then stage high-speed chases on the freeway. At 87.1 km/h according to the manufacturer. :r:
I have heard of Tatra. But wouldn't recognize one. Well done.

At first I thought that the 4th pic was a Saab 21 but I don't think it is - might be that weird French thing - can't remember the name now, maybe Sncaso or something?
The 5th one looks like a Fokker D23 but not sure - the tail boom looks right but the canopy doesn't (unless it's open in - hard to tell in that pic) Military aircraft, especially foreign ones, are a long way outside my area of expertise :)

At first I thought that the 4th pic was a Saab 21 but I don't think it is - might be that weird French thing - can't remember the name now, maybe Sncaso or something?
The 5th one looks like a Fokker D23 but not sure - the tail boom looks right but the canopy doesn't (unless it's open in - hard to tell in that pic) Military aircraft, especially foreign ones, are a long way outside my area of expertise :)
I like your thinking. You are almost right with n°4 and n°5 is correct logic but not type. (Or country even. !!)

Back
Top Bottom