Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
So I hope I got some of these right.
[@Apollo13 had already posted: Guess these plains are all prototypes, the look similar to: Curtiss Helldiver, Bücker( maybe Zlin), Walrus, Vampire(this had actially a jet-engine) an the tail of the last one seems have to do with a Noratlas. I know, iknow, they are not but asking is for free... , i like this quiz. (what is the first price...)]

#1 Vultee XA-41
US close air support fighter aircraft. Originally the XA-41 was intended as a dive fighter, only one exemplar was built. Since the first flight did not take place until February 1944, the order was cancelled.

#2 Tokyo Koku Ki-107
The Tokyo Koku Ki-107 was a Japanese military training aircraft for the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force. The Ki-107 was a wooden-built low-wing two-seat monoplane with an open cockpit. Powered by a Hitachi Hatsukatse Ha-47 (Ha-11 inline piston engine it first flew in October 1943. Only 29 had been delivered by the end of the war.

#3 Supermarine Baby (also called the Supermarine N.1B Baby)
First World War fighter aircraft that was the earliest example of a single-seat flying boat fighter to be built in the United Kingdom. When it first flew in February 1918 it was the smallest and fastest flying boat then in existence. But the Admiralty decited to order another plain.

#4 SNCASO SO.8000 Narval
The SNCASO SO.8000 Narval (English: Narwhal) was a French carrier-based strike fighter designed by Sud-Ouest in the late 1940s. The French Navy (Marine nationale) ordered two prototypes in 1946 and they made their maiden flights three years later. They were plagued by aerodynamic problems and unreliability issues with their piston engines. The aircraft proved to be slow, lacking in lateral and longitudinal stability and unsuitable for carrier operations; it did not enter production.

#5 Tachikawa Ki-94
The Tachikawa Ki-94 was a single-seat fighter-Interceptor aircraft project undertaken by the Tachikawa Aircraft Company and to be operated by the Imperial Japanese Army. The project refers to two aircraft designs: the Ki-94-I and the Ki-94-II, both of which did not advance beyond the mock-up and prototype stage respectively.

It is said that Nazi officers given the Tatra during the 1940's referred to it as "Czechoslovakia's Secret Weapon) as so many got themselves into trouble, ie Dead, whilst driving it. The heavy V8 right at the back gave it "a Sting in the Tail".
However, Tatra also had a legal dispute with Volkswagen, because Tatra had a patent on the principle, air-cooled motor in the rear of the vehicle and rear-wheel drive and after the end of the war, according to Wikipedia, VW paid Tatra a fine, because of the Beetle.

And they really believed that someone was interested in them and that without enough alcohol in his blood?

It never occurred to them that they were the reasons that their husbands drank in the first place.

I think that poster would have had the opposite effect than what was intended. :D

And here is the car quiz that I announced yesterday. Let's see who identifies most of these.
View attachment 1283011 View attachment 1283012 View attachment 1283013 View attachment 1283014 View attachment 1283015
#4 and #5, I haven't the foggiest idea what they are, but those were the days when cars looked like cars. I want to say 'Prague' for number 4, I think it's from that neck of the woods. But as for number 5, I'd have to phone a friend... :icon_tfno:"Hello, is that @bobinder ?"

Automarke Praga 100, 1939
FSO Warszawa 223, 1964 to 1973
IFA F9, a pre-war of the Auto-Union
Romanian Dacia 1300
Zastava Yugo Koral 55, Yugoslavia (Now Serbia)

Self-propelled mountable tart
Well recognized, and here is your your bounty flower3

#6 Warszawa 223
Warszawa was a Polish car brand from Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych, short FSO from Warsaw. 250,471 examples were made between 1951 and 1973.

#7 Dacia1100
The Dacia 1100 is a mid-size car produced by the Romanian automaker Dacia. It is structurally identical to the Renault 8 and was manufactured under license by Dacia from 1966-1970.

#8 Zastava Yugo
The Yugo (also: Jugo) is a small car made by the former Yugoslav and later Serbian automobile manufacturer Zastava. It was produced under various names from 1981 to 2008.

#9 Czech Automobile Praga Piccolo 1939
The Praga Piccolo was first introduced to the public in 1924. Engine with 65 × 85 mm bore × stroke, it made 25 hp (18 kW) at 3000 rpm, fuel consumption was 10 l/100 km

# 10IFA F9
The IFA F 9 is a car model of the GDR Vehicle Construction Industry Association. The car with a three-cylinder, two-stroke engine was built from October 1950 to the summer of 1953 at the VEB motor vehicle plant Audi Zwickau (formerly Auto Union, plant Audi) and then rolled off the assembly line at the VEB automobile plant Eisenach (AWE) under the name EMW 309 until 1956.

Well recognized, and here is your your bounty flower3

#6 Warszawa 223
Warszawa was a Polish car brand from Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych, short FSO from Warsaw. 250,471 examples were made between 1951 and 1973.

#7 Dacia1100
The Dacia 1100 is a mid-size car produced by the Romanian automaker Dacia. It is structurally identical to the Renault 8 and was manufactured under license by Dacia from 1966-1970.

#8 Zastava Yugo
The Yugo (also: Jugo) is a small car made by the former Yugoslav and later Serbian automobile manufacturer Zastava. It was produced under various names from 1981 to 2008.

#9 Czech Automobile Praga Piccolo 1939
The Praga Piccolo was first introduced to the public in 1924. Engine with 65 × 85 mm bore × stroke, it made 25 hp (18 kW) at 3000 rpm, fuel consumption was 10 l/100 km

# 10IFA F9
The IFA F 9 is a car model of the GDR Vehicle Construction Industry Association. The car with a three-cylinder, two-stroke engine was built from October 1950 to the summer of 1953 at the VEB motor vehicle plant Audi Zwickau (formerly Auto Union, plant Audi) and then rolled off the assembly line at the VEB automobile plant Eisenach (AWE) under the name EMW 309 until 1956.
Thanks Heineudo!

Back
Top Bottom