Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
So you were also in the rescue and evacuation unit, which was definitely not a completely safe job.
Our aircraft were designated and marked as non-combatant, and were not allowed to have fixed armaments on the aircraft. All we were allowed were personal weapons.
Roughly half of the LZ's we went into were under some level of hostile fire. Our best defense was coming in and going very low and very fast. Saved many lives though, so it was worth it.

I was on the other side of the Iron Curtain as a radio operator and truck driver in a radio reconnaissance and radio communication jamming unit and later as a reservist in a mobile communications cable switching station.
In my tour of duty in Germany during 1970 I actually saw the a part Iron Curtain from the air. Quite depressing it was.
I'm glad we were able to meet here on CF, rather that back then.

So you were also in the rescue and evacuation unit, which was definitely not a completely safe job.
I was on the other side of the Iron Curtain as a radio operator and truck driver in a radio reconnaissance and radio communication jamming unit and later as a reservist in a mobile communications cable switching station.
Our aircraft were designated and marked as non-combatant, and were not allowed to have fixed armaments on the aircraft. All we were allowed were personal weapons.
Roughly half of the LZ's we went into were under some level of hostile fire. Our best defense was coming in and going very low and very fast. Saved many lives though, so it was worth it.

In my tour of duty in Germany during 1970 I actually saw the a part Iron Curtain from the air. Quite depressing it was.
Gee I’m glad the Cold War's over. Never had to serve in the military, but growing up knowing you could be nuked at any time was tiresome.

Me too.
Tomorrow I will take photos of the weapons and vehicles I had to use in the army.
By the way, my homeland was not liberated by the Russians in 1945, but on April 13, 1945 by the 3rd US Army under General George S. Patton, but unfortunately later exchanged for the Allied zones in Berlin.

Me too.
Tomorrow I will take photos of the weapons and vehicles I had to use in the army.
By the way, my homeland was not liberated by the Russians in 1945, but on April 13, 1945 by the 3rd US Army under General George S. Patton, but unfortunately later exchanged for the Allied zones in Berlin.
I hate that my country was part of that decision.

sdm_ak47_holzschaft_762x39_-_419mm.jpg Machine_Gun_RPK.jpg AK47, 7.62x39 mm as a normal rifle and as a light machine gun
gaz-63-ko-gas-63-ko--233714.jpg As a radio station
zil-131-ko-kofferfahrzeug-32363.jpg Communication cable switching station. (Of course, our vehicles had the black, red and gold national emblem.)
zil157k.jpg Mobile cable workshop

For some reason this concept never caught on.
The "Krummlauf" was invented in WWII in Germany, to be applied on the Stg44 (the precursor of all the current rifles, like AK-47, M16 and FAL).
Problems were : the high stress gave it a short life span, much energy of the projectile was lost in the bend, and the projectile often came out shattered, reducing even more its effectiveness.

1662999049_32-boombo-biz-p-tank-girl-naked-erotika-vkontakte-32.jpg U-534.jpg U-Boot.jpg U-Boot-China-Tiefsee-2.jpg up-periscope.jpg

View attachment 1515987 View attachment 1515986 AK47, 7.62x39 mm as a normal rifle and as a light machine gun
when I served in 1980-81 the rifle of italian Army was the Beretta BM59 7.62x51 mm NATO (.308 Win). In the armoured divisions we had the short version also used by paratroopers and "Alpini"
FAL BM59.jpgIMG_4844.jpg
our machine gun was the MG42/59 manufactured by Beretta under german license also in 7.62x51 mm
0000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom