The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Considering the odds....A heavy cape that pulls you down! No muscles for swimming! :eek:
I AM GRATIFIED BY YOUR CONCERN FOR MY COMFORT, OF COURSE. I CAN IMAGINE A SOMEWHAT DAMP INCONVENIENCE IN THIS SCENARIO, BUT I STILL DON'T QUITE SEE HOW I WOULD ACTUALLY DROWN. ALSO, LACK OF OBVIOUS MUSCULATURE HAS NOT REALLY BEEN A DETRIMENT SO FAR. ;)
WHAT YOU SEE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE WHAT YOU GET.
Death-bike1.jpg

I AM GRATIFIED BY YOUR CONCERN FOR MY COMFORT, OF COURSE. I CAN IMAGINE A SOMEWHAT DAMP INCONVENIENCE IN THIS SCENARIO, BUT I STILL DON'T QUITE SEE HOW I WOULD ACTUALLY DROWN. ALSO, LACK OF OBVIOUS MUSCULATURE HAS NOT REALLY BEEN A DETRIMENT SO FAR. ;)
WHAT YOU SEE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE WHAT YOU GET.
View attachment 1497696
Careful, Reckless Mister Bones! The last time you fell from that bike, it took us hours to reassemble you! Recollecting those little phalanges, and finding out where to put them exactly in the right place again, is a painstaking job! And we had to dregde the ditch along the road for one of your thoracal vertebrae! And meanwhile all the time hearing you complain about what we were doing, as if your accident had been our fault! :facepalm:

That is why I have had Windows 7 on my home computer for 11 years and still have no desire to switch to another operating system...
I was like you. And if you have had your computer for 11 years, it might be able to run Windows 10, but it won't likely run Windows 11, so yes, stay with 7 (as long as you can still do things). Sometimes the world moves on and you just have to follow, depending on what you decide you can't do without.

I was like you. And if you have had your computer for 11 years, it might be able to run Windows 10, but it won't likely run Windows 11, so yes, stay with 7 (as long as you can still do things). Sometimes the world moves on and you just have to follow, depending on what you decide you can't do without.
I really don’t like the artificial imposition of updates and, in general, everything that is considered fashionable.
I'm already sick to death of this))
“You must: wear black in 30-degree heat; wear only white socks; be sure to have a car; update Windows regularly; listen to Taylor Swift; have at least one tattoo.”
I don't owe a damn thing!
Some may say that this does not sound very plausible. But I don’t live in the West, and in terms of fashion there may be some discrepancies))

[OK, this post is NOT meant to be political! I am not claiming to be in favor or opposed to the gentleman who is mentioned. I am merely indirectly quoting him.
But I DO love Halle Berry, and I always look for opportunities to post a sexy pic of her.]

Here is JD vance’s reoccurring nightmare:
161926.jpg

I really don’t like the artificial imposition of updates and, in general, everything that is considered fashionable.
“You must: wear black in 30-degree heat; wear only white socks; be sure to have a car; update Windows regularly; listen to Taylor Swift; have at least one tattoo.”
Some may say that this does not sound very plausible. But I don’t live in the West, and in terms of fashion there may be some discrepancies))
If it is any help to you, I run Windows 11, I have updates set to manual so that I can wait a few days while the worst of the buggy trauma is dekinked before approving the download.

It is true that some updates are simply to sell more stuff. But others fix real problems with the software, and some of the problems are security risks. One should never assume that programmers, no matter where they work, are fully competent.

For those here who live in UK has anyone heard of this guy? He goes by the name Dr boogie woogie and plays a piano at some metro station in London. And made headlines a while ago because Chinese tourists were trying to get him to follow Chinese law

Attachments

• IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 18
If it is any help to you, I run Windows 11, I have updates set to manual so that I can wait a few days while the worst of the buggy trauma is dekinked before approving the download.
Thank you, but the update problem currently worries me purely hypothetically) I download updates when I want to, and I want to very rarely) I disabled automatic downloading of updates a long time ago.

It is true that some updates are simply to sell more stuff. But others fix real problems with the software, and some of the problems are security risks. One should never assume that programmers, no matter where they work, are fully competent.
It's all so obvious) In any case, Microsoft's policy towards my country is very unstable now)) I could express my regrets about this here... but I don't want to) Since my operating system is completely old, I don't even bother to figure out whether it's possible to download updates from the official Microsoft website? Or not? Or is it possible again? It changes too often, but honestly, I don't care anymore) I'm just tired of monitoring some things and processes...

Yeah, some people still run Windows 7, for which there are no more updates. Some people forgo GUI entirely and such run UNIX. I agree that it is a real bother to keep up with all this (I refuse to use "THE CLOUD" ("OneDrive"). You can back stuff up cheaply and locally. I use the Internet, but mostly I just do mail and YouTube and news sites. I don't realIy stream either music or movies. I need a word processor, and I have a few Excel spreadsheets (no database stuff, though). If you have what you need, fine. If you get a new machine--assuming the extra speed is worth the expense, you'll have to change.

For those here who live in UK has anyone heard of this guy? He goes by the name Dr boogie woogie and plays a piano at some metro station in London. And made headlines a while ago because Chinese tourists were trying to get him to follow Chinese law
I hadn't, but thanks for bringing him (Brendan Kavanagh) to my attention. He plays at St Pancras (the Eurostar terminal, so busy with tourists) Apparently he's been noticed by Taiwanese visitors, his videos have become very popular there, so much so that a group of mainland Chinese tried to bully him to stop playing. He responded with feisty demonstration of support for Taiwan:

https://focustaiwan.tw/culture/202402080010

I hadn't, but thanks for bringing him (Brendan Kavanagh) to my attention. He plays at St Pancras (the Eurostar terminal, so busy with tourists) Apparently he's been noticed by Taiwanese visitors, his videos have become very popular there, so much so that a group of mainland Chinese tried to bully him to stop playing. He responded with feisty demonstration of support for Taiwan:

https://focustaiwan.tw/culture/202402080010

One of the mainland Chinese is a British citizen believe it or not named newton Leng.

One of the mainland Chinese is a British citizen believe it or not named newton Leng.
Yes, and another suspected of some involvement is one Christine Lee, whom MI5 have identified trying to buy influence with MPs and other people in high places in UK.

Back
Top Bottom