Wip - Women In Peril

Go to CruxDreams.com
Lara wondered if this was one tomb she should maybe not have raided. Werner had tried to warn her, but she had laughed off his advice. "I create my own luck," she had said. :eek:

I don't remember this puzzle from the games. Looks tricky. :devil:

Jollyrei

I'm sorry, but do not know what you're talking about!

Top Cat

I thought it looked like a possible scene from the "Tomb Raider" games (Lara Croft is the main character in the game, and Werner was a sort of Indiana Jones type who was her teacher).

Jollyrei

I know Lara Croft of Angelina Jolie movies. :D

And because of these movies I know that Lara Croft is, or was a computer game character. :p

As I no longer have 20 years, a long time, I'm not the generation of computer games, I've never played any. :doh:

Top Cat

"Where will the invasion take place! Tell me!"
"In Normandy! In Normandy! On the beaches north of Bayeux and Caen!"
"Do not try to fool me! No one will be so stupid to land in Normandy! Even not the Allies! Tell me the real location!"
"I tell you it will be Normandy!"
"Any sound military commander knows it is too far sailing from Britain, and if they make it, their army will get stuck in the hedgerows! Roosevelt will never allow this risk in an election year! And there are ten more reasons not to do that! Where will they land?"
"Near Calais!"
"At last, you get reasonable, Fraulein!"
True story, real life. According to my philosophy professor, this is not far from what actually happened. There were forty something allied spies hidden within a university in Germany. There cover was blown, and they were all tortured, including one he said that was chained naked to a wall, beaten, defecated on, and so forth. They all talked, and were killed.
The British government blew their cover, after feeding their own spies fake intel on where the allied invasion would be coming from, which allowed for the Normandy invasion to happen.

True story, real life. According to my philosophy professor, this is not far from what actually happened. There were forty something allied spies hidden within a university in Germany. There cover was blown, and they were all tortured, including one he said that was chained naked to a wall, beaten, defecated on, and so forth. They all talked, and were killed.
The British government blew their cover, after feeding their own spies fake intel on where the allied invasion would be coming from, which allowed for the Normandy invasion to happen.

And the German political and military commanders were so convinced that the allies would invade through the Pas-de-Calais, that any information about other possible landing sites was discarded as an attempt to mislead them. Even weeks after the invasion, Hitler thought the landings in Normandy were a decoy for the real invasion still to come.

This dilemma is well explained in this scene from "The Longest Day ":

zo you tink zis iz vere I am going to burn you?
But zat iz too simple... :devil:

And the German political and military commanders were so convinced that the allies would invade through the Pas-de-Calais, that any information about other possible landing sites was discarded as an attempt to mislead them. Even weeks after the invasion, Hitler thought the landings in Normandy were a decoy for the real invasion still to come.

This dilemma is well explained in this scene from "The Longest Day ":

very interesting! :D

I wonder whether the words 'Kriegspiel' or 'war-game' were actually current in 1944?

"But Herr Scharführer, I told you everything!"
"I know, you were very cooperative, and what you told me makes sense. But to make it convincing to my superiors, you have to come out here with more torture marks, otherwise they will order you to be interrogated again! I want to save you from that!"
"Oh...but...!?"
"Praise yourself lucky that I am such a good man!"

"But Herr Scharführer, I told you everything!"
"I know, you were very cooperative, and what you told me makes sense. But to make it convincing to my superiors, you have to come out here with more torture marks, otherwise they will order you to be interrogated again! I want to save you from that!"
"Oh...but...!?"
"Praise yourself lucky that I am such a good man!"

Loxuru

How much modesty Herr Scharführer!

A "good man" like you, to say the least should be treated by His Holiness.

Top Cat

She looks brave, and resolute. She won't betray her friends!
She won't!

(they all break in the end)

attachment.php18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom