My Pictures

Go to CruxDreams.com
very nice. I think with her fine teeth I will need a ring gag before the session begins...

Whats about Genesis 3.22?

Thats my idea about.
I call that pic "The delights of knowledge"...for the Mitt Romney people around, that means. you are not allowed to burn witches and to tell off your Billions on the Kaymans.

Ah. Before I put up my pic. The Mormons are allowed to be polygamists.

You miss my pic?

Thats what really happened.
0833c_1180_delights.jpg

:D a real nice nutty thought

From a state of stupid obedience to God to a state of knowledge without God
Genesis 3,22 :D

For the benefit of the majority non bible readers Gen.3.22
22"Then the LORD said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"

I will try to find an explanation for us lesser mortals.

"My understanding is that the knowledge that was given when man ate the fruit was not simply pleasant, emotionally and spiritually un-inflected wisdom. To live forever through the gift of God (as in the first passage you quote) - or, indeed, to have eternal life through Jesus Christ - would be quite different from the sentence of an eternal lifetime in which to bear a knowledge too heavy and perhaps too terrible for mankind.

Similarly, one might 'know' good and evil in a very innocent way, without understanding how these things can be twisted and abused in the world. Think how ready children are to think that good must always overcome evil - the knowledge that it does not always do so (or certainly, not without time and suffering) comes with age. This I think is where the 'live forever' comes in: man is given time enough to know his mistake."

AAAArrrghhhhh!!!!.......I prefer pics to religion and philosophy!!!!!

Hmm. Reading this thread begins to feel like reading de Sade. Philosophical and religious debates mixed with juicy descriptions of scenes of debauchery.
I take that as a huge compliment.

I really like it when my pictures carry a message and start discussions. I am convinced, pictures without a message are quite useless.

Fully agreed. In images, there should be a message, or better said, in the mind of the beholder they should trigger the idea there is a message. Putting in a message that nobody picks up is of course just as useless as having no message whatsoever.
The funny thing is that for appreciation of an image, the message need not be unique or unambiguous, it better not be that at all. If the message is read and transferred in a second, why give the image a second look? On the other hand: What is Mona Lisa smiling about and why does she do so?
In conversation, body language, tone of speech and face expression give 90% of the message. Words just count for 10%. In imagery, we have to do without words and tone of voice, but the major ingredients: body language and face expression, are there.

I take that as a huge compliment.

I really like it when my pictures carry a message and start discussions. I am convinced, pictures without a message are quite useless.
Well, so long as the message might just be "enjoy! :)"
But it's good to raise questions - my own 2p worth on Gen 3.22 is
1 The Bible isn't an instruction manual issued by God;
2"God" (the ultimate reality/ truth) has given us brains, it's up to us to use them;
3 those brains know there is a difference between right and wrong, good and evil;
4 it's up to us to work out where that difference lies and act accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom