Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Saint Maud (2019) has a few self-flagellation scenes: I love the one where main character inserts several nails through the insoles of her shoes, wears them, and goes for a walk. Almost completely shown in the trailer, because films can't hold themselves anymore:

Movie has a few others too, but this is the great one.

So disappointed in the Netflix film Protege. The interrogation of the gorgeous Maggie Q could have been so much better than "water boarding", but alas the days of nudity and torture in mainstream movies is likely over.

I started watching this film but it smacked of "we'll make an action espionage film, and cast some PC actors in it". There was nothing new to explore in the plot in the first 5 minutes. Glad to see my assumptions that it would be extremely mainstream were well founded.

Anne & Alet​

Anne & Alet​

Thank you @MICHELE PATRI -- I was literally in the process of posting the same Vimeo link when yours appeared. This includes the entire (very gory!) execution scene, starting at 4:00 minutes in the video. We get to see the hand chopped off first, then a botched attempt to chop the head -- the hangman has to resort to sawing it off eventually. Repeat for Blonde #2. I've made some screencaps:
Anne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.04.01.616.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.04.03.159.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.04.09.165.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.04.40.488.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.04.45.034.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.05.16.441.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.05.28.369.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.05.30.288.jpegAnne & Alet_HD_DOWNLOAD-00.06.25.593.jpeg

It's a historical case, incidentally -- here is a 19th century book illustration from Wikisource:

Anne_og_Alet.jpg

Last edited:
This is an extended water torture scene from a Spanish TV show or movie. Not sure if this is the inquisition (costumes seem a bit late for that) or a judicial interrogation -- they ask the victim for the whereabouts of her baby as far as I can tell. I'm not sure of the source as I found the clip with a generic name, but presumably somebody here can place it (@doe1971 perhaps?).

View attachment 1112884
View attachment 1112885View attachment 1112886View attachment 1112887View attachment 1112888View attachment 1112889View attachment 1112890View attachment 1112891View attachment 1112892View attachment 1112893
Oh I love it, this is hot torture.

Thank you @MICHELE PATRI -- I was literally in the process of posting the same Vimeo link when yours appeared. This includes the entire (very gory!) execution scene, starting at 4:00 minutes in the video. We get to see the hand chopped off first, then a botched attempt to chop the head -- the hangman has to resort to sawing it off eventually. Repeat for Blonde #2. I've made some screencaps:
View attachment 1140815View attachment 1140805View attachment 1140806View attachment 1140807View attachment 1140808View attachment 1140809View attachment 1140810View attachment 1140811View attachment 1140812

It's a historical case, incidentally -- here is a 19th century book illustration from Wikisource:

View attachment 1140814
Here are a few "official" screencaps that I found online, giving context outside the execution scene itself and better shots of the hand chopping and first beheading. I wonder whether the full movie has the torture scenes that gave the girls the branding marks we can see in the photos.

46112.jpgMV5BZjcyNzZiMWQtMWExMC00MjZhLThhY2UtMjVjNWY0MzYwNjg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpgpa_vei_ned_nidelva_0.jpg10017.jpganne---alet_632226_48497.jpganne---alet_632234_8947.jpgDSC02401.JPG

Here are a few "official" screencaps that I found online, giving context outside the execution scene itself and better shots of the hand chopping and first beheading. I wonder whether the full movie has the torture scenes that gave the girls the branding marks we can see in the photos.

View attachment 1141995View attachment 1141999View attachment 1142000View attachment 1141994View attachment 1141996View attachment 1141997View attachment 1141998
love the red hot pincer's burns on their arms !.... is there interrogatory torture pics ?

I'm interested film "Grete Minde" (1977).

According to historical data, this woman was executed at the stake. Moreover, her execution was very painful and long. She was burned over low heat using the "smoking" method. Before that, she was publicly tortured with hot iron and pliers.
Are all these scenes in the movie? My question is addressed primarily to the German-speaking members of the site. Has anyone seen this movie?

Theoretically, of course (I have not seen the series) - the Vikings traded with North Africa, and have colonised parts of the Mediterranean. So, they could have been in contact with black populations.
Sadly, such themes are not organically woven into the storylines anymore. They are supposed to be viewed as a given, a retroactive correction, because the alternative requires actual screenwriting skills. If one wants to see how it is done right, look no further than The 13th Warrior (book-to-film adaption shortcomings aside). Not only is there a plausible reason for a non-european character amongst the vikings (he fell from grace with his caliph), the whole story wouldn't even exist without him.

Well, if one tries hard to justify the latest political corectness mores, the presence of ET among vikings can be justifiable, there's nothing to prevent a UFO from landing at Trodheim and spill some mead with the horned ones.

Just like the unanimously benevolent characters played by the black actors in every movie made in the last 4 years in Hollywood. Gone are the days when rapists and criminals in movies were mirroring the real life crime stats ... nowadays the wise Chinese and good natured Black are the new Hays code. :)

Ajita Wilson in "Escape from Hell"

Attachments

• escapehell05.jpg
    escapehell05.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 805
  • escapehell19.jpg
    escapehell19.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 670
  • escapehell20.jpg
    escapehell20.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 632
  • escapehell21.jpg
    escapehell21.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 601
  • escapehell22.jpg
    escapehell22.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 617
  • escapehell24.jpg
    escapehell24.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 627
  • escapehell25.jpg
    escapehell25.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 662
  • escapehell26.jpg
    escapehell26.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 826
[REC] 4: Apocalipsis (2014)

Minor spoilers ahead.

Apocalipsis is the fourth and final instalment of the criminally overlooked Spanish horror franchise Rec (or stylised as [REC]), and one of those flicks in which the tank-topped heroine fire-axes her way through hordes of living impaired persons. Spunky TV host Ángela Vidal (Manuela Velasco reprising her role once more) and the surviving parties from the previous films are detained by the government in an attempt to regain control over the rampant outbreak – no judgement here.

Ángela wakes up strapped to an examination table, but once tested negative for zombie she’s allowed to move more or less freely. Things take a turn for the worse as the illness finds its way into the quarantine zone, and she is suspected of carrying the parasite responsible within her body. She is seized and, despite fighting tooth and nail, slammed onto a table and gagged to have the malicious organism cut out of her. Because anaesthesia is for sissies.

RC02.pngRC01.pngRC03.pngRC04.pngRC05.png

The first and, to a lesser degree, the second part are all-time favourites of mine. Manuela Velasco’s experience as a real-life presenter and TV show host in Spanish television gives her character a huge boost in authenticity. Rec 4 does of course not reach the level of the first two films, and just like part 3 moves away from the found footage format that made the original(s) so intense. But it is a solid conclusion of the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom