Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
I've been thinking, it would be fun to have the members who follow this thread, to make a list of their top 10 or 20 favorite albums. I have so many favorites that I had a hard time limiting my list to 20:devil:.
Here is my list. They are in no particular order, just a listing, except for the album that I have at number 1. This album is my absolute number one album, hands down, not even close, for personal reasons.
My top twenty favorite albums:
1. Joy Division "Closer"
2. The Doors "The Doors"
3. The Beatles "The Beatles" ( White Album)
4. Jimi Hendrix "Electric LadyLand"
5. R.E.M. "Murmur"
6. Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures"
7. Deep Purple "Made In Japan"
8. Siouxsie And The Banshees "Juju"
9. King Crimson "In The Court Of The Crimson King"
10. Laura Nyro "Eli And The Thirteenth Confession"
11. The Doors "LA Woman"
12. The Cure "Faith"
13. The Beatles "Revolver"
14. The Who "Live At Leeds"
15. Jethro Tull "Thick As A Brick"
16. Renaissance "Ashes Are Burning"
17. Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here"
18. Pink Floyd "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"
19. Led Zeppelin "Physical Graffiti"
20. Genesis "Selling England By The Pound"
There are a few groups there who would make Pp's top 20 in Led Zep, Jethro Tull, Jimi H, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, but he would also have The Stones somewhere along with some Clapton (maybe as Derek and the Dominos/Layla) and some blues. Will think on it.

It was hard to narrow my list down to 20 favorites. I just ran out of room:devil:. I could have put the Stones on my list, I really like "Sticky Fingers", "Exile On Main Street", "Beggars Banquet" etc. I have all the Cream albums, and the Layla album. It is just hard to list 20 albums, when there are tons of great albums that you like. But I felt the albums that I listed were the ones that I play the most.

It was hard to narrow my list down to 20 favorites. I just ran out of room:devil:. I could have put the Stones on my list, I really like "Sticky Fingers", "Exile On Main Street", "Beggars Banquet" etc. I have all the Cream albums, and the Layla album. It is just hard to list 20 albums, when there are tons of great albums that you like. But I felt the albums that I listed were the ones that I play the most.
So many have personal meaning that over-rides everything else. For me Procol Harum and Whiter Shade Of Pale along with Dylan's Nashville Skyline Lp purely because of Lay Lady Lay are particularly important for what they mean personally rather than their pure musical value.

Even Black Sabbath - Pp saw them live in 1974 and has their first 5 albums (Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Volume 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath) on vinyl. Staring at the old Vertigo label on the turntable and herbal cigarettes might have something to do with it but Pp will keep that old info quiet.

Now that is a great band, Black Sabbath. I also have their albums on vinyl, but they are not on that cool looking Vertigo label like yours. Mine are on Warner Brothers, the US releases, and NEMS, the UK releases. I have their first 8 albums, plus the ones with Ronnie James Dio on vocals. Do you have those? They are also very good albums. I never got to see them with the original lineup, but did see them in the early 80's with Ronnie James Dio. They toured that year with Blue Oyster Cult. The tour was called the Black And Blue Tour. It was a great concert since I love both bands. I have a ton of Blue Oyster Cult.

I have a funny story about that concert. I went with a friend who brought his dad, who had never been to a hard rock concert before, and had never even heard Black Sabbath. His dad was more of a country and western guy. Well, we thought he would hate the concert, but afterwards we asked him what he thought of it. We were stunned that he actually loved it, he said it was one of the best concerts he had ever been to. Go figure.

Back to the Vertigo label, what country were those issued in? I would like to find one.

Last edited:
I've been thinking, it would be fun to have the members who follow this thread, to make a list of their top 10 or 20 favorite albums. I have so many favorites that I had a hard time limiting my list to 20:devil:.
Here is my list. They are in no particular order, just a listing, except for the album that I have at number 1. This album is my absolute number one album, hands down, not even close, for personal reasons.
1. Joy Division "Closer"
2. The Doors "The Doors"
5. R.E.M. "Murmur"
11. The Doors "LA Woman"
12. The Cure "Faith"

Top Cat will make it.

Very hard work!

Top Cat

When I am on the forums, I always have music playing, and I have come to discover that some albums really add to the experiance.
For some reason the Moody Blues really add the right atmosphere to cruising the forums. Their albums "To Our Children's Children's Children", "On The Threshold Of A Dream" and "A Question Of Balance" seem to add the most. The song "Nights In White Satin" from "Days Of Future Passed" also works.
Just about anything from the Doors adds the right atmosphere to the forums. Same goes for Joy Division, the Cure, or Bauhaus. The Siouxsie And The Banshees album "JuJu" is another great album to give off that dark vibe, perfect for crux art.
Pink Floyd's album "Ummagumma", the live album with songs "Astronomy Domine", "Careful With That Axe, Eugene", "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" and " A Saucerful Of Secrets" is another great album for the forums, the songs all have an eerie feel to them.
When I come across other albums that have this effect, I will list them.
Happy listening!

Last edited:
When I am on the forums, I always have music playing, and I have come to discover that some albums really add to the experiance.
For some reason the Moody Blues really add the right atmosphere to cruising the forums. Their albums "To Our Children's Children's Children", "On The Threshold Of A Dream" and "A Question Of Balance" seem to add the most. The song "Nights In White Satin" from "Days Of Future Passed" also works.
Just about anything from the Doors adds the right atmosphere to the forums. Same goes for Joy Division, the Cure, or Bauhaus. The Siouxsie And The Banshees album "JuJu" is another great album to give off that dark vibe, perfect for crux art.
Pink Floyd's album "Ummagumma", the live album with songs "Astronomy Domine", "Careful With That Axe, Eugene", "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" and " A Saucerful Of Secrets" is another great album for the forums, the songs all have an eerie feel to them.
When I come across other albums that have this effect, I will list them.
Happy listening!
Agree with the Moody Blues Hondoboot. "Nights in White Satin" and "A Question of Balance" are ones I really like.

I have Ummagumma but never quite got it. I'll put it on again tonight.

Actually I have a question. My collection of bondage and torture and crux pics is growing like mad (any other help would be great by the way) but what I would like to do is make a slide show for all of it once I feel that my collection is complete (anyone have anything by Quoom?)

What I really want to know is, what would be the perfect song or songs for it? I would really like it if it is something sad yet erotic sounding, like orchestral music that has an electric guitar in the entire thing. A song or songs that are not to fast and not too slow. it/they have to be long too since I will have many pics by then.

Actually I have a question. My collection of bondage and torture and crux pics is growing like mad (any other help would be great by the way) but what I would like to do is make a slide show for all of it once I feel that my collection is complete (anyone have anything by Quoom?)

What I really want to know is, what would be the perfect song or songs for it? I would really like it if it is something sad yet erotic sounding, like orchestral music that has an electric guitar in the entire thing. A song or songs that are not to fast and not too slow. it/they have to be long too since I will have many pics by then.
Cordelia, have a look at some of The Moody Blues stuff that Hondoboot mentions above. I'll have a listen to some Pink Floyd tonight - that might work.

Midnight at the Oasis sprang to mind. Not sure if it would fit with what you have in mind, but is is slow and erotic.

Let me think on this, I will get back to you Cordelia Ross. I will come up with some songs for you to try.
Quoom is excellent, I was a member of his website, and I have a ton of his work, I sm glad you like his work.

Cordelia Ross, here are some of my suggestions:
1. Joy Division "The Eternal" from the album "Closer". It is slow paced, sad, eerie, dark, but strangly beautiful. It runs about 6 min. You could pair this song with pictures of death, sadness, like a funeral. Trust me, this song is perfect for a slide show.
2. Pink Floyd "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" From the album "Ummagumma". This song is very long, with a lot of instrumentals. It is very, very eerie sounding, would make a great complement to pictures of torture and such.
3. Moody Blues "Candle Of Life" from the album "To Our Children's Children's Children". Another long song with great atmospheric instumentals.
4.Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon". This album has many songs that have great instumental parts. Many are very moving, especially the song "The Great Gig In The Sky", the beginning is slow and sad, but then it climaxes with a very moving instumental portion with a female voice. It is very sad and moving. This would make a great background to your slide show, especially crucifixtion scenes. I cannot stress this enough, it would make a very moving slide show if you pair it with crucifixtion.
5. Bauhaus "Hollow Hills" from the album "Mask". This is a very gothic sounding track.
6. Joy Division "Atmosphere" from the album "Substance". Another sad, but beautiful song, with a lot of atmosphere, strange that they named it that:p

I hope this helps, have fun with your slide show!

Last edited:
1. Joy Division "The Eternal" from the album "Closer". It is slow paced, sad, eerie, dark, but strangly beautiful. It runs about 6 min. You could pair this song with pictures of death, sadness, like a funeral. Trust me, this song is perfect for a slide show.
2. Pink Floyd "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" From the album "Ummagumma". This song is very long, with a lot of instrumentals. It is very, very eerie sounding, would make a great complement to pictures of torture and such.
3. Moody Blues "Candle Of Life" from the album "To Our Children's Children's Children". Another long song with great atmospheric instumentals.
4.Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon". This album has many songs that have great instumental parts. Many are very moving, especially the song "The Great Gig In The Sky", the beginning is slow and sad, but then it climaxes with a very moving instumental portion with a female voice. It is very sad and moving. This would make a great background to your slide show, especially crucifixtion scenes. I cannot stress this enough, it would make a very moving slide show if you pair it with crucifixtion.
5. Bauhaus "Hollow Hills" from the album "Mask". This is a very gothic sounding track.
6. Joy Division "Atmosphere" from the album "Substance". Another sad, but beautiful song, with a lot of atmosphere, strange that they named it that:p

Some good choices here. Cordelia I have all the Pink Floyd and Moody Blues though I don't have Bauhaus or Joy Divison.

Thank you for that, I will check them out now. and please, call me Cordie, everyone else can call me that too if they want.

1. Joy Division "Closer"
2. The Doors "The Doors"
5. R.E.M. "Murmur"
11. The Doors "LA Woman"
12. The Cure "Faith"

Ok HondoBoot2

Here's my list, extremely difficult to do work.

Certainly many people forgot.

Rock and Roll / Punk

1 - Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

2 - Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy

3 - Led Zeppelin - IV

4 - Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon

5 - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

6 - The Clash - London Calling

7 - The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

8 - The Rolling Stones - Still Life (American Concert - 1981)

9 - The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

10 - Robert Plant - Sixty Six To Timbuktu

11 - Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express

12 - Kraftwerk - Autobahn

13 - Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols

14 - AC / DC - Let There Be Rock

15 - Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond

16 - Rush - Moving Pictures

17 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake And Palmer

18 - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

19 - Lou Reed - Transformer

20 - Ramones - Rocket To Russia

Top-Cat

Ok HondoBoot2

Rock and Roll / Punk

3 - Led Zeppelin - IV

Top-Cat
Great to see accadacca (AC-DC) in there TC but interesting that you have kraftwerk and the Sex Pistols. Love all the Led Zep and Plant.

Pp really must get to thinking about his list.

Great to see accadacca (AC-DC) in there TC but interesting that you have kraftwerk and the Sex Pistols. Love all the Led Zep and Plant.

Pp really must get to thinking about his list.

Primus pilus

Once, I wrote right here in this thread, that Led Zeppelin, this a level above the others, they were the best and will never be overcome.

Kraftwerk, Love much.

Sex Pistols, is part of music history.

AC / DC, I remember to this day the feeling of first hearing this album. Indescribable, Dog Eat Dog and Let There Be Rock.

This was only the beginning of the band, then came more good albums, but this is special.

Top Cat

Ok HondoBoot2

Rock and Roll / Punk

3 - Led Zeppelin - IV

Top-Cat
Great list Top-Cat!
Mighty fine list of albums:)
I have all of these albums except Kraftwerk. It is great to see Emerson, Lake & Palmer in your list. They were a great band. I like seeing The Clash's London Calling in your list, another great album. I like Led Zeppelin, I have all their albums, but you are going to get mad at me, I have always liked Deep Purple more:devil:. Great to see AC/DC in your list. They are a fun band, all their albums are consistently good.
Do you have these albums in vinyl?

Great list Top-Cat!
Mighty fine list of albums:)
I have all of these albums except Kraftwerk. It is great to see Emerson, Lake & Palmer in your list. They were a great band. I like seeing The Clash's London Calling in your list, another great album. I like Led Zeppelin, I have all their albums, but you are going to get mad at me, I have always liked Deep Purple more:devil:. Great to see AC/DC in your list. They are a fun band, all their albums are consistently good.
Do you have these albums in vinyl?

HondoBoot2

Deep Purple, will not even comment.

London Calling - lent to a friend, and I never saw the vinyl.

Let There Be Rock - when I changed my city, I gave this vinyl for a amigoque also liked.

Captain Beyond - have, but it's pretty scratched.

Emerson Lake & Palmer - I've never had this on vinyl, but had on cassette, (do not know if it's your time, I hope not, was of poor quality recordings).

Tarkus, Works 1 & 2, Brain Salad Surgery and Trilogy, are here.

Led Zeppelin - All.

Lou Reed - Transformer, also not in good condition.

Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk and Rush - almost everyone.

These all vinyl that I have are about to be thrown away.

Today I abhor vinyl.

Top-Cat,
Why do you abhor vinyl?
I still have vinyl, still have cassettes, still have CDs. I have hundreds of cassettes that I recorded on TDK and Maxell tapes that still sound fantastic 25-28 years later. :) Here is my tape deck:
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/music.3912/page-6#post-138657
What is your favorite way to listen to your music?

Back
Top Bottom