Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Barbs Scottish ancestor barabla muir probably did it
Lets not rush to judgement here. We should conduct an in-depth interview of her current decendant to see what she knows of her family's sordid history concerning accusations of arson. Just be sure to use the dung ... lower level, so the paying guests won't be disturbed.

My question is.... why?
7c36ca06fb13de2f5d56f25ad7a936ac.jpg

His first day on the job. Photo was taken seconds
before he pulled the wrong levers and crushed his car.
It was a long walk home.
hqdefault.jpg

I'm rooting for the Kangaroo.
kangaroo-boxing.jpg

8192_by_mchuprin_dfsjyh6-fullview.jpgddsjwkm-fad1ed8a-202c-440a-8793-0a06d151e9cf.jpg
No silly words from me needed for these.

Photo #3 from 1837 shows the Boulevard du Temple by Mr Daquerre. The exposure time is 14 hours, so no people or vehicles are visible. Photo #5 from 1826 by Mr Niepce, probably the oldest photo in the world, which was exposed for 10 hours, shows an official at the window. Strangely, he is visible.
However you can see that a man has stopped on the street corner to have his shoes shined, so himself and the shoeshine guy do record.
Maybe the exposure was 14 minutes? I have this photo in a photography book somewhere, but not to hand just now.

Attachments

• boulevarddutemplebydaguerre1837.jpg
    boulevarddutemplebydaguerre1837.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
However you can see that a man has stopped on the street corner to have his shoes shined, so himself and the shoeshine guy do record.
Maybe the exposure was 14 minutes? I have this photo in a photography book somewhere, but not to hand just now.
Sorry, but you're right. According to Wikipedia, the exposure time was much shorter.
English: Boulevard du Temple, Paris, 3rd arrondissement, daguerreotype. This photograph, taken in 1838 by inventor Louis Daguerre, is believed to be the first to show a living person. It is a view of a busy street, but since the exposure lasted 4 to 5 minutes (see explanation of shutter speed of Daguerre photograph), the moving traffic left no trace. Only the two men in the lower left corner, one of whom was apparently having the other shine his boots, stayed in one place long enough to be visible. As with most daguerreotypes, the image is a mirror image.

Sorry, but you're right. According to Wikipedia, the exposure time was much shorter.
English: Boulevard du Temple, Paris, 3rd arrondissement, daguerreotype. This photograph, taken in 1838 by inventor Louis Daguerre, is believed to be the first to show a living person. It is a view of a busy street, but since the exposure lasted 4 to 5 minutes (see explanation of shutter speed of Daguerre photograph), the moving traffic left no trace. Only the two men in the lower left corner, one of whom was apparently having the other shine his boots, stayed in one place long enough to be visible. As with most daguerreotypes, the image is a mirror image.
Even so, one suspects they might have been friends of Louis instructed to hold that position till he signalled they could move!

La Spintria, Roman brothels coin 01.jpgLa Spintria, Roman brothels coin 02.jpgLa Spintria, Roman brothels coin 03.jpgLa Spintria, Roman brothels coin 04.jpgLa Spintria, Roman brothels coin 05.jpgLa Spintria, Roman brothels coin 06.jpg

A “spintria” is a small bronze or brass Roman token with a sexual scene on one side and a numeral from 1 to 16 on the reverse. They were probably used as currency in brothels, although there is no evidence that was the case. All of them were minted in the first century AD. Suetonius used the substantive “spintria” to refer to young male prostitutes, from Greek σφιγκτήρ, “sphinktḗr”. The first use of “spintria” to refer to these coins occurs in 1559 in the first numismatic book by Bette Talvacchia, Sopra le Medaglie Antiche, (Venice). I guess that they denominate the price of the service; for example, a fellatio costs VII coins, while a sodomy would be XIII coins.

Back
Top Bottom