Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
On July 4th I updated my iPad and IPhone to iOS 8.4 which sets up Apple Music on your device. Apple Music is Apple's new music streaming service. I declined to take advantage of the three months free offer. I am old fashioned, I like to pay one time to own a hard copy of my music (vinyl, CD). I don't believe in paying monthly fees for my music. If you pay for streaming music, you end up constantly paying for the same music. When you stop paying your monthly fee, no more music. Streaming music is great for the big music companies. Not so good for old fashioned music lovers like me. I have read online some horror stories about how Apple Music messes with your music library that you have edited on your device. Seems that the Apple servers decide for you which version of s song is the best. For example, if you are like me, and like some of the Beatles songs in mono, and you have put the mono versions in your library, Apple Music instead gives you the stereo versions. I guess when you join the service, your library goes to the iCloud, and get's integrated. I do not know exactly what the mechanics are, but there are a lot of horror stories about people's music library getting messed up.
I think I will stick to my vinyl and CD's:devil:.......just my humble opinion........
I would be interested in other members experience.

Last edited:
On July 4th I updated my iPad and IPhone to iOS 8.4 which sets up Apple Music on your device. Apple Music is Apple's new music streaming service. I declined to take advantage of the three months free offer. I am old fashioned, I like to pay one time to own a hard copy of my music (vinyl, CD). I don't believe in paying monthly fees for my music. If you pay for streaming music, you end up constantly paying for the same music. When you stop paying your monthly fee, no more music. Streaming music is great for the big music companies. Not so good for old fashioned music lovers like me. I have read online some horror stories about how Apple Music messes with your music library that you have edited on your device. Seems that the Apple servers decide for you which version of s song is the best. For example, if you are like me, and like some of the Beatles songs in mono, and you have put the mono versions in your library, Apple Music instead gives you the stereo versions. I guess when you join the service, your library goes to the iCloud, and get's integrated. I do not know exactly what the mechanics are, but there are a lot of horror stories about people's music library getting messed up.
I think I will stick to my vinyl and CD's:devil:.......just my humble opinion........
I would be interested in other members experience.
Agree Hondo. Pp will stick with his "hard copies". As the father of three sons in bands with music sold via Apple he knows how much the piece of fruit milks from the artists already.

But many of the major IT and software providers are increasingly looking to rent you things rather sell it to you.

Pp, for one, has nothing in the cloud and he continues to use a very old version of iTunes for his digital library.

Time for some sexy ACDC songs.

Some great AccaDacca Jack.

image.jpg Pp can just imagine a grubby sweaty Bon Scott seducing an innocent young groupie.

She said she's never been, mmm
Never been touched before
She said she'd never been
This far before

She said she'd never liked
Mmm to be excited
She said she'd always had
Had to fight it (and she never won)

She said she'd never been
Never been balled before
And I don't think, he he
She'll ever ball no more (fixed her good)
Hey

Squealer, when I held her hand
Squealer, I made her understand
Squealer, when I kissed her lips
Squealer, and sucked her finger tips
Squealer, ooo started getting hot
Squealer, made it hard to stop
Squealer, got too much
Squealer, I think I've got a magic touch oh

Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squeaker
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer
Squealer

I was Web searching the other night for music articles and happened to land on Ultimate Classic Rock's website. I was going through the various articles, when I came across an article of tributes for Chris Squire of Yes fame, who recently died back in May. It got me thinking, has "Yes" been inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame? I searched, and found the answer to my question. To my astonishment, Yes has not been inducted into the Hall. Neither has King Crimson, ELP. Jethro Tull, or the Moody Blues. What the hell does the Hall have against Prog? These bands I have just mentioned have been hugely influential on a lot of bands over the last 40 or so years. Each band was extremely original in their mucical journeys. I am just flabbergasted that they are not in the Hall of Fame.
I did notice that the latest inductions included, among others, Joan Jett, and the band Green Day. I agree that Joan Jett ( who I love) should be in the Hall. But Green Day, WTF! :mad: Give me a break, this is a band that in no way deserves to be even mentioned being nominated, let alone actually making the Hall. Just a ludicrous induction. Their music is so generic and pedestrian, they literally have copied so many bands to numerous to list. I guess Jann Wenner loves these jokers because of their album "American Idiot". When I am driving, and one of their songs comes on the radio, I always change the station.:mad:
The other bands that I cannot believe are not in the Hall are: Joy Division, New Order and Deep Purple. Is the Rock Hall of Fame telling me that Green Day has been more deserving than all of these bands I have mentioned? The answer from this music lover is......HELL NO! There's more heart and soul in 30 seconds of any Joy Division song, than the entire catalog of Green Day.....and that my friends is a fact.
I now feel better:)

Last edited:
I was Web searching the other night for music articles and happened to land on Ultimate Classic Rock's website. I was going through the various articles, when I came across an article of tributes for Chris Squire of Yes fame, who recently died back in May. It got me thinking, has "Yes" been inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame? I searched, and found the answer to my question. To my astonishment, Yes has not been inducted into the Hall. Neither has King Crimson, ELP. Jethro Tull, or the Moody Blues. What the hell does the Hall have against Prog? These bands I have just mentioned have been hugely influential on a lot of bands over the last 40 or so years. Each band was extremely original in their mucical journeys. I am just flabbergasted that they are not in the Hall of Fame.
I did notice that the latest inductions included, among others, Joan Jett, and the band Green Day. I agree that Joan Jett ( who I love) should be in the Hall. But Green day, WTF! :mad: Give me a break, this is a band that in no way deserves to be even mentioned being nominated, let alone actually making the hall. Their music is so generic and pedestrian, they literally have copied so many bands to numerous to list. I guess Jann Wenner loves these jokers because of their album "American Idiot". When I am driving, and one of their songs comes on the radio, I always change the station.:mad:
The other bands that I cannot believe are not in the Hall are: Joy Division, New Order and Deep Purple. Is the Rock Hall of Fame telling me that Green Day has been more deserving than all of these bands I have mentioned? The answer from this music lover is......HELL NO! There's more heart and soul in 30 seconds of any Joy Division song, than the entire catalog of Green Day.....and that my friends is a fact.
I now feel better:)

HondoBoot2

I agree with 99% of what you said, with a small caveat.

The band Yes, it was very boring, even though Rick Wakeman!

Green Day, what the fuck?

Trash!

Top Cat

HondoBoot2

I agree with 99% of what you said, with a small caveat.

The band Yes, it was very boring, even though Rick Wakeman!

Green Day, what the fuck?

Trash!

Top Cat
I love Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, ELP, Pink Floyd, and the Moody Blues, but it is ok if you do not, I understand, not everyone likes Prog.

I love Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, ELP, Pink Floyd, and the Moody Blues, but it is ok if you do not, I understand, not everyone likes Prog.

HondoBoot2

Hey Man!

I said that I agree with 99% of what you said.

Just do not like the Yes!

ELP, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, are much good!

Top Cat

HondoBoot2

Hey Man!

I said that I agree with 99% of what you said.

Just do not like the Yes!

ELP, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, are much good!

Top Cat
Here's to good music my friend.
:beer:

I am passionate about music. I think about music every day. I listen to music everyday.
Favourites: Queen, The Who, Kiss, Rush, Styx, The Guess Who, Gordon Lightfoot, Simon & Garfunkel, Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Currently listening to: Fleetwood Mac: Rumours.

I am also a sing-songwriter. Please visit my band's website and tell me what you think.
gasmmusic.com

Simpson.

I am passionate about music. I think about music every day. I listen to music everyday.
Favourites: Queen, The Who, Kiss, Rush, Styx, The Guess Who, Gordon Lightfoot, Simon & Garfunkel, Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Currently listening to: Fleetwood Mac: Rumours.

I am also a sing-songwriter. Please visit my band's website and tell me what you think.
gasmmusic.com

Simpson.
Welcome Simpson, always great to meet another music lover. I am, like you, a passionate music lover. I also listen to music just about every day. A day without good music is a day without sunshine to me. Your favorites are a good eclectic mix:).

Welcome Simpson, always great to meet another music lover. I am, like you, a passionate music lover. I also listen to music just about every day. A day without good music is a day without sunshine to me. Your favorites are a good eclectic mix:).

Music is like food to me. The more variety, the healthier I am. I tend not to listen to one style too much. That's like eating the same kind of food for... a month, let's say. If you ate the same kind of food for a month, you'd be so malnourished. I don't want to feel that way while listening to music. My favourite is rock music but I try to listen to everything.

Simpson.

Music is like food to me. The more variety, the healthier I am. I tend not to listen to one style too much. That's like eating the same kind of food for... a month, let's say. If you ate the same kind of food for a month, you'd be so malnourished. I don't want to feel that way while listening to music. My favourite is rock music but I try to listen to everything.

Simpson.
Variety is good for the soul. I am also very eclectic in my music tastes. I have music from many genres. I read once that Gram Parsons, when the music press at the time called his music "country rock", stated that he did not believe in categories for music. He said that there is only two kinds of music, good and bad. What a great line! I live by this line in my life, no categories, just good and bad music....and by all means avoid the bad music:devil:

Back
Top Bottom