My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Now that is a an oldie!

I am a music lover and love all styles of music. Less we not forget this is the Crux forum and I find this to be off topic!

One of the songs I loved listening to when I was young. Although I lived in the GDR, we could still receive radio stations like AFN (american forces network) or RIAS (radio in the american sector).

One of the songs I loved listening to when I was young. Although I lived in the GDR, we could still receive radio stations like AFN (american forces network) or RIAS (radio in the american sector).
An all time favourite for me, and topical given the recent Animals post. My love for Hendrix (this is in the 80’s I’m learning about him, by the way) lead me straight to The Animals, so I have that albumin on vinyl alongside all the official Hendrix albums plus a few bootlegs.

@Heineudo , I’d be fascinated to learn more about your personal perspective on growing up in GDR one day…

I have a huge playlist so it’s difficult to nominate “favourites” which tends to be a fluid list as well.

Instead, music appears and sometimes moves me.

In that vein, being an 80’s kid, when the movie “The Breakfast Club” just came up straight away I’m listening to Simple Minds and taken back to my teen years. Seminal movie , seminal song, seminal age.

Don’t You Forget About Me

In that vein, being an 80’s kid, when the movie “The Breakfast Club” just came up straight away I’m listening to Simple Minds and taken back to my teen years. Seminal movie , seminal song, seminal age.
I love that movie, especially the kooky part played by Ally Sheedy

Yes - The Animals cover is magnificent musically, but it makes a nonsense of the song -
Joan Baez tells it like it is ...

I honestly respect her as an artist but can’t say that I like her music!

Also a song that I loved very much, when I was young.

Also a song that I loved very much, when I was young.
Another 'blast from the past'! It was banned on AM radio in St. Louis (seems they though it was a same sex thing) and the line with 'cherry cola' used to be "Coca Cola'. The BBC wouldn't play it because it was a 'product endorsement'...

My, how things have changed!!!

Back
Top Bottom