My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thanks for those, @Heineudo , @dfg42 and @Darkprincess69 . I’ve a lot of music to explore now. That last song “Lady in Black” is one I’ve never listened to before now and it’s very rare that I like a piece of music the first time I hear it but that is one I really like.

Another piece of music that transfixed me upon hearing it for the first time was Ballade pour Adeline, a 1977 instrumental by Richard Clayderman. It was however composed by Paul de Senneville as a tribute to his new born daughter. A friend of ours who is a classical musician says she doesn’t like Andre Rieu because he is too much of a showman. I say that she’s missing the point which is that he’s celebrating music with the magnificent costumes his orchestra wears and the humour he often injects into the show. We really must see one of his concerts even if it costs the earth. Here is “Ballade pour Adeline” played at his Vienna concert with the gifted Stephanie Detry on piano.

... :bdsm-heart: Stephanie Detry :bdsm-heart: ... (more than gifted) ... :ARMS1: ...

Rachel's Song is just so beautiful. Anybody who is not moved by this piece is simply not human...

The Bladerunner soundtrack as a whole is an absolute masterpiece. Although (as I've indicated in the "passings" thread), Heaven & Hell (1975) is my favourite Vangelis work, this soundtrack is without a doubt my second favourite and another one that I have in my music collection.

Vangelis brought to film a unique style that was unashamedly majestic and awe-inspiring in a way that no other film composer has ever managed to achieve. His astonishing assemblage of rich aural textures is second to none and the magnificence and splendour of his compositions that turn everything up to 11 have raised the bar to an almost unattainable level.

It's a very sad day that we have lost such an astounding talent, but we can all take solace and rejoice in the wonderful musical legacy that he has gifted to the world.

R.I.P. Vangelis 1943-2022
Oooh, I’d argue that the soundtrack to the “Killing Fields” by Mike Oldfield might come close - a harrowing tale of life under Pol Pot made when it was very recent history in 1984 (and had an indelible impact on my adolescent mind at the time). I saw the movie most recently when visiting Cambodia, the day before visiting the real killing fields and associated torture prison in Pnom Penh.

Evacuation evokes the panic of the final days before the Year Zero

Heineudo
this is a deeply felt earnest song, Scottish if I'm not mistaken.
Hmm, I'm somewhat surprised of you. But positively.
It goes on in other songs .. takes me in.
(but I hope you don't fantasize of torturing her?)
Demona

Hi Dark Princess

Yes, I agree with the songs, I have only later picked them up when they happened to be played in the radio, one or the other, in some Oldies program.
(send me a message, I can't ..)
Demona

Thanks for those, @Heineudo , @dfg42 and @Darkprincess69 . I’ve a lot of music to explore now. That last song “Lady in Black” is one I’ve never listened to before now and it’s very rare that I like a piece of music the first time I hear it but that is one I really like.

Another piece of music that transfixed me upon hearing it for the first time was Ballade pour Adeline, a 1977 instrumental by Richard Clayderman. It was however composed by Paul de Senneville as a tribute to his new born daughter. A friend of ours who is a classical musician says she doesn’t like Andre Rieu because he is too much of a showman. I say that she’s missing the point which is that he’s celebrating music with the magnificent costumes his orchestra wears and the humour he often injects into the show. We really must see one of his concerts even if it costs the earth. Here is “Ballade pour Adeline” played at his Vienna concert with the gifted Stephanie Detry on piano.
>We really must see one of his concerts even if it costs the earth.<
Yes - it does! But I took my burse out, saw I just had enough left and payed as if it was nothing.
It was worthwhile, it was unearthly wonderful, André Rieu is a magician, he is given this artisanship - and he knows it.
Why not, he makes the public share his really genuine love of music, just watch him feel deep into the music
and music is the one art that can make you fly high above daily challenges.
Also, he highly respects the musicians he invites to play at his concerts, he not one who wants to attract all the attention by himself.
>That last song “Lady in Black” is one I’ve never listened to<
What? That main piece of Uriah Heep? Or..?
Have a relaxed time listening to good music, not the crap doodled in the radio today.
Demona

>We really must see one of his concerts even if it costs the earth.<
Yes - it does! But I took my burse out, saw I just had enough left and payed as if it was nothing.
It was worthwhile, it was unearthly wonderful, André Rieu is a magician, he is given this artisanship - and he knows it.
Why not, he makes the public share his really genuine love of music, just watch him feel deep into the music
and music is the one art that can make you fly high above daily challenges.
Also, he highly respects the musicians he invites to play at his concerts, he not one who wants to attract all the attention by himself.
>That last song “Lady in Black” is one I’ve never listened to<
What? That main piece of Uriah Heep? Or..?
Have a relaxed time listening to good music, not the crap doodled in the radio today.
Demona
You were at a concert! Lucky you....Maastricht?, Germany?...where?

Melissa

It was -
the concert was at Schönbrunn in Vienna. Vienna is for sure the city with the highest degree of dedicated music lovers and also knowledgeable among the inhabitants - you notice that in a concert: they appreciate good music and go with it, at points get carried away a bit, but always within the typical Vienna style: slightly pessimistic-sceptic, weighing twice and within well mannered limits. :nut:
It was wonderful, great, hilarious, up-lifting, a major cultural event, humorous, earnest, enlightening, carrying away, smooth, explosive, enthralling, comforting ...
from the concert in Schönbrunn, An der blauen Donau:
-- André in full swing, looks around, eyes opening wide
one surprise:
-- André Rieu, And The Waltz Goes On
one well known piece:
-- The Third Man - André Rieu in Maastricht
Once upon a Time in the West: there is a tight competition between:
-- Andre Rieu -
-- Ennio Morricone (turn down the video)
well, the eternal composer of admirable music to the - uhm - not quite so admirable Italo-Western - could he be euqualled?

Lean back, take your time and get away from daily issues. :redface:
Demona

sorry for the large pictures, I didn't find where to turn them into thumps

Melissa

It was -
the concert was at Schönbrunn in Vienna. Vienna is for sure the city with the highest degree of dedicated music lovers and also knowledgeable among the inhabitants - you notice that in a concert: they appreciate good music and go with it, at points get carried away a bit, but always within the typical Vienna style: slightly pessimistic-sceptic, weighing twice and within well mannered limits. :nut:
It was wonderful, great, hilarious, up-lifting, a major cultural event, humorous, earnest, enlightening, carrying away, smooth, explosive, enthralling, comforting ...
from the concert in Schönbrunn, An der blauen Donau:
-- André in full swing, looks around, eyes opening wide
one surprise:
-- André Rieu, And The Waltz Goes On
one well known piece:
-- The Third Man - André Rieu in
Demona

sorry for the large pictures, I didn't find where to turn them into thumps
I have all those on a flash drive that I take on holiday. One of my favourites is Amira Willighagen singing O Mio Babbino Caro at Maastricht in 2014.

I have all those on a flash drive that I take on holiday. One of my favourites is Amira Willighagen singing O Mio Babbino Caro at Maastricht in 2014.

Oh, yes - Amira Willigagen! and I have that on my desktop,
she is quite an enchanted soul!
Nice to hear you like it, too.
....aaannd what about eternal Ennio's music?
(off topic Demona !!!)

Back
Top Bottom